Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adding steering wheel with controls

Noste500

Trainee
My car doesn't have controls on the steering wheel ( for the head unit etc )
Is there a way to add these easily ?
Is my only option to buy a wheel with these already fitted and retro fit to my car ?
If so , is this an easy swop ?
Ps I have OPC warranty so would rather not use non standard parts ...
I have some mechanical skill and have a friend who has been a technician for 30 years ( not Porsche )
TIA

More years ago than i care to remember we had a Salesman come running in saying he had forgotten to spec the multi function wheel on a Cayenne and could we retrofit it .. this was on a Gen 1 cayenne.

I don't remember the details but we fitted the wheel and i think coding didn't work but in your case you would try it first ... i'm unsure here but i think we had to replace the steering column control unit as well .

For you then you would have to buy the wheel , fit it then mess about with coding to see if it could be made to work .. you would also need to check part numbers to see if there is a different steering column control unit for a multifunction wheel .. if there is then you will need that as well .

this is all gen 1 though .. not sure what year yours is .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back