Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery size question - 996 turbo

jboy

Design 911 lists batteries of 4 different sizes - ranging from circa 28cm to 40cm long - as suitable for my 996 turbo. This seems a little surprising - and some sites claim the S4 011 is NOT suitable.

Does anyone know for sure? I am inclined towards the S4 010. I know I could wait until I get home to measure up and order, but I would like to order before I leave the office if possible!

Thanks in advance.

S5 010 is pretty normal for 996/997. S4 is same size I expect.

Thanks - just been through my paperwork and I see the last battery, a Duracell DA74, was installed in May 14, so I guess / hope the slow cranking and occasional flat I'm experiencing is just a dead-ish battery.... will probably go Bosch

I would use Bosch as a preference. Eurocarparts offer discount codes.

I ordered a Bosch S5 010 from 'Tayna Batteries' back in 2017 and still going strong. Good delivery time and well packaged.

Thanks all - will probably go Bosch, just waiting for the rain to stop so I can check it's not an issue with sulphurisation / knackered contacts!

PS, yes I do know the bonnet opens in the rain but there's no rush!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back