Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Semi solid engine mounts.

Do not install the RS mounts without fitting full kit!!

If you dont use the dished washers along with everything else the rubber bushes will pull through and the engine will will drop , and all sorts of serious problems will result, please use all the parts that Porsche say!!!!

Jimmy just ring up Matt at type 911 and he will sort it. he is a top bloke.

I priced all the options up including looking at importing stuff plus design 911 but type 911 works out simpler and cheaper.

as I said I paid 125 cash as was in the area and it came with all the fittings.

if you buy on line you pay VAT and delivery.

are the RSS mounts worth the extra 250/275? they are best part of 400 pounds after VAT and delivery. not sure they are. sometimes you find them for sale on here used or on ebay,

NLW73 said:

I priced all the options up including looking at importing stuff plus design 911 but type 911 works out simpler and cheaper.

are the RSS mounts worth the extra 250/275? they are best part of 400 pounds after VAT and delivery. not sure they are. sometimes you find them for sale on here used or on ebay,

The RSS are expensive , I actually wanted a set of lightly used as they would have been already broken in and settled , I was lucky to find a set from a member that had only done a few K miles and as soon as they were fitted it felt right . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
NLW73 said:

The RSS are expensive , I actually wanted a set of lightly used as they would have been already broken in and settled , I was lucky to find a set from a member that had only done a few K miles and as soon as they were fitted it felt right . :thumb:

I am also +1 for the RSS mounts which i have had on my car for a couple of years now and they make a noticeable improvements and once they are bedded in you don't really feel or notice any more NVH than the standard ones.

like Phil says if you don't mind waiting you might find a second hand set, but if you do go down this route you might want to also watch the US forums such as Rennlist or 6speedonline as the guys over there tend to mod more and also sell on parts, especially as they originally came from the US. Dont also forget that Black Friday is coming up and RSS and D911 normally have an offer on as well so it might be worth a watch.

writeup?

Just bought the RS kit from type911 for £160 delivered

Anyone know of a writeup before I start? I have seen one for the 993 so have a reasonable idea...

Re: writeup?

Tuizner said:
Just bought the RS kit from type911 for £160 delivered

Anyone know of a writeup before I start? I have seen one for the 993 so have a reasonable idea...

If you can be bothered to do a write up with pics when you do it ,it would be really useful to have a thread about it on here as more and more guys are going to go down the 993rs Mounts on 997 route . :thumb:

Yes, please do, I dont think its a lot different that doing a 964 or 993 but please post you findings!

PGD said:
Interested to hear how you get on too.

Seems good value that kit. I just looked at OEM one at £174. Am I right in thinking you'd need a pair of these?
https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod8391/Porsche-997-Engine-Mount-99737504908/

The ones on my kit car are £8 each! 😆

yes you would mate , If your in the market for new mounts then I would look at the options discussed further up the thread as they will improve the handling over OEM :thumb:

I'm interested in new mounts, and all of the improvements discussed in here.

Mines a 90k car, left hand exhaust sits a little lower than the right. But also, it's difficult to get into 1st and 2nd gear when cold. Would these mounts improve that?

I switched to the RS mounts from type 911 at around 90k

the car instantly felt tighter at the rear and more connected too . really sorted out the handling too and got the power down a lot better too.

we had to adjust the exhaust a bit where it was a lot lower before but new mounts brought it up

hardly any more internal noise vibration wise but you can hear the engine more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back