Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust

steve1

Nurburgring
Will be replacing the exhaust boxes next year 2002 996 cab tip
Looked at dansk and design tek are there any outer options

Steve

Steve,

I have a full system with switchable boxes from Top Gear.
I can not recommend them highly enough, their customer service is second to none only beaten by their quality of workmanship.

John

P.s. mention 911uk and get a discount too!

I plumped for the Dansk 'super sound' option a couple of years ago, before some members on here started to experience problems, and, although I've not had any issues (& am happy with the 'sound'), this may be down to the very low mileage I've done over the last two years, due to having work done on the house.

With the benefit of hindsight, and having read pretty much everything that's posted on here, I'd probably have gone with the switchable Top Gear system, purely because it seems more 'original'?

I'd suggest reading everything you can possibly find on this site regarding exhausts options, and strongly recommend hearing as many 'in the flesh' as you can, as sound is so subjective and personal

I wouldn't buy Dansk. The flexible bellows style joint on one of my Sport boxes failed through cracking after about 18 months/6,000 miles.

I was talking to a well respected Indy the other day about exhausts... he didn't have much time for Dansk but spoke highly of Top Gear and Quicksilver.

Miltek for me. Well made, base sound and no drone.

Was tempted to use FVD - believe they have OEM part codes on their boxes.

Think it will be top gear.
I'm assuming there will be a lot of corrosion under there, is there any particular fitting / parts that will need replacing i.e. clamps bolts and any other bits that might be needed, I am assuming there will be more cutting than undoing. I've seen a fitting kit on design911 anyone used this.

steve

Have a quick look at Europipe also, more top end of the market but reviews all seem very good.

steve1 said:
Think it will be top gear.
I'm assuming there will be a lot of corrosion under there, is there any particular fitting / parts that will need replacing i.e. clamps bolts and any other bits that might be needed, I am assuming there will be more cutting than undoing. I've seen a fitting kit on design911 anyone used this.

steve

Steve top gear are great quality make sure you get the 10% forum discount as they are a site sponsor :thumb: :thumb:

Hi All,

Reluctantly I had to take the plunge from the amazing sounding factory fitted PSE. After using 1 tonne of exhaust putty to get thorough it's mot, I needed to make the change.

My Indy recommended I paid more and go for the Miltek Cat back system, all I can say is that I'm over the moon.

The Car sounds fantastic it's slightly more deeper then the PSE and certainly feels more responsive.

I wanted a exhaust that's not too loud/drony - early days but I'm happy.

I got a cyber monday deal at MG Motorsport Derby.

Regards
Mark

Hi All,

Reluctantly I had to take the plunge from the amazing sounding factory fitted PSE. After using 1 tonne of exhaust putty to get thorough it's mot, I needed to make the change.

My Indy recommended I paid more and go for the Miltek Cat back system, all I can say is that I'm over the moon.

The Car sounds fantastic it's slightly more deeper then the PSE and certainly feels more responsive.

I wanted a exhaust that's not too loud/drony - early days but I'm happy.

I got a cyber monday deal at MG Motorsport Derby.

Regards
Mark

ive got a Kline on mine really well made and lovely throaty sound with no drone :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back