Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed with touching-up

I would go along to a proper automotive paint place with the hard top on and get them to match the colour to the car and say you want it as a spray paint (in your case an airbrush). This is what I did with my, ahem, knob, which needed the silver 'alu look' paint redoing... they used the actual part I left with them to make the paint up. I was astonished by how close a match they got.

They asked if I wanted it as touch up or spray, and explained the consistency is different.

To close this off, a very nice chap came over today to have a look (smart repair guy), he matched up the paint via an app and then had a go, also used a spray gun as above. The grand cost.... £15! He also left me a pot of paint and some mini toothpick/foam brush things. Not a bad outcome. I learned a lot from the attempts, thanks for the advice.

49213760748_98cb736d84_k.jpg

49214472647_1ac81f03e6_k.jpg

Sounds like a good smart repair fella.

Glad it's sorted anyway :thumb:

good out come
:thumb:

Great result these guys have some real skills.

Also less expensive than purchasing an airbrush and paint but will always wonder how good a result you would have achieved yourself.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back