Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rebuild ...Which IMS Bearing to get??

... and just for info, as mentioned earlier, this strip down is due to a bolt lodging itself neatly into the scavenge oil pump ...
well this must have happened more than once ... because the pump now comes with a mesh cover :roll:

Attachments

• 5d43d7a3_a6a8_4f59_8130_2a10714f2373_973.jpeg
    5d43d7a3_a6a8_4f59_8130_2a10714f2373_973.jpeg
    486.8 KB · Views: 1,118
I agree, I guess the hope is that whatever part it is will find its way in to the sump and was a spare part rather than being essential.

MC

The head scratcher remains how a left hand thread M6 bolt (which isn't used on an M96 engine or 996 that I know of!) found its way into the internals in the first place... could it have come thru a ragged AOS?
More likely it 'hid' in the sump cover as this had been removed by backstreetrus prior to my purchase :roll:

Is the 'mesh' mod OEM part or aftermarket scavenger pump? Be interested to know how the underside of the mesh is attached.

Anyone know who manufactured these pumps in the UK? As mine say 'made in england'.

MisterCorn said:
I agree, I guess the hope is that whatever part it is will find its way in to the sump and was a spare part rather than being essential.

MC

I don't think it would have helped my first failure when a chain roller jammed the Scav Pump, but it may have found its way to the sump and also lasted a little longer, making some extra noise and prompting me to switch off before all hell broke loose :dont know:

ballcock said:
The head scratcher remains how a left hand thread M6 bolt (which isn't used on an M96 engine or 996 that I know of!) found its way into the internals in the first place... could it have come thru a ragged AOS?
More likely it 'hid' in the sump cover as this had been removed by backstreetrus prior to my purchase :roll:

Your bolt can only have been left or put there by human hands, why it was anywhere near an open engine is another mystery.

We'll never know :D

It's definitely something to consider as these cars age and become mega value for money. They're going to fall into the hands of non enthusiasts who can't afford the proper care the car deserves.

fot0 said:
Is the 'mesh' mod OEM part or aftermarket scavenger pump? Be interested to know how the underside of the mesh is attached.

Anyone know who manufactured these pumps in the UK? As mine say 'made in england'.

Genuine Porsche part fot0.
Not sure how it's fixed on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back