Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 911 buyer

That's an excellent price for a nicely spec'd 2010 Gen2 'S' Cab' from a dealer .... but ....... it's that price because of the mileage.

Most 911 buyers wouldn't entertain the idea of buying a car with that mileage so future resale would be an issue so it's very much down to you and how long you intend to keep the car.

As a short-termer it may not be viable as you'd be paying a dealer premium you'd never get back. If you're planning to keep it for a number of years and it's the newest/most ideal spec' car around at your budget then it's definitely worth a viewing.

Beyond perception the mileage shouldn't be an issue, especially if the history is as good as the advert suggests. If it's a standard car you could still get an OPC warranty on it (after 90 days ownership) if that would give you more peace of mind.

Good Luck :thumb:

T8 said:
Most 911 buyers wouldn't entertain the idea of buying a car with that mileage so future resale would be an issue so it's very much down to you and how long you intend to keep the car.

:thumb:

is 89k on a 997 that high :dont know: there must be many on here (like myself) who would buy a 911 around those miles but suspect there will be far more who wouldn't entertain buying a convertible version :oops:

A nicely specified and good looking car! A positive for me is that although the miles might be a bit high, over half of them have been done in the last 3 years. It hasn't therefore been 'standing around' and as such everything has had a good workout. A well used Porsche is often a good thing.

me&my997 said:
T8 said:

:thumb:

is 89k on a 997 that high :dont know: there must be many on here (like myself) who would buy a 911 around those miles .........

I'm not sure that there are 'many' that would buy a 89k mile car and those that might would only do so if it was available at a bargain price. As they get older more and more 997s will rack up that sort of mileage but by then they'll fall into a different buyers market.

The specific issue with this car is that it is only 9 years old and most will see that as too high for a car at that price point.

That said, it still looks like a great car and is priced correctly and will suit someone who prefers it to an older version with fewer miles.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back