Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A whack from behind

Trust me when I say there's not 2 silver 996s the same colour. The paint on each panel changes colour over time.

Rojdog said:
DarthFaker said:
Contact the other drivers Insurance and ask to speak to their third party capture team. Raise a claim with them directly, the driver will only have to accept liability.

No claim on your Insurance, they provide the courtesy car, no recovery process between your Insurance companies, it all runs smoother this way.

If you have any questions just PM me I worked in car Insurance for years.

Kind Regards,
James

Darth if you did the above are you obliged to declare the claims when re-insuring? Being as you are still claiming albeit from a 3rd party?

Yes you need to register the claim with your Insurance but its not going to affect your premium on renewal. You register it essentially as a notification of an accident rather than a claim.

It's illegal for Insurance companies to increase your premium due to a none fault accident. But they can increase it whilst they're recovering the costs from the 3rd party (6-24 months) , which is why you need to claim directly to save money.

Also since you don't have a contract with the 3rd party Insurance they have to provide you with a like for like vehicle so you will likely get a nice 991 to drive whilst it's being repaired, rather than the contractual VW Polo you will get through your own Insurance.

Alex said:
In answer to your original question to me - yes, once you are on the system you've been in a non fault accident its highly likely your premium will increase.

Once you start pushing for a £4k repair, they may write it off.

Kas750's car wasn't written off in his ownership, he bought it as a write-off (with similar damage) then fixed it for way under the amounts bounded about on here.

Hence me saying find a decent bodyshop and get the other driver to foot the bill.

Sorry but you're wrong.

No I'm not.

Which specific bit is wrong from my quote?

Claiming through own Insurance:

Claim on file (your are at fault until proven other wise and the money is recovered) 6 to 24 months.

You will be provided a contractually agreed suitable car, usually a Class A,B or C car as classified by your Insurance rental company, ideas of categories below, you will get a B or C based on the size of a 911.

A= Fiesta
B= Focus
C = Mondeo
D= Luxury Saloon (E Class etc).

You will be locked into renewal with your own Insurance regardless of increased costs until your Insurance has recovered their costs (massive increase in premium, because you're treated as being at fault until the money is recovered).

Claiming through Third Party:

You call them, register claim.
They call their driver, he accepts liability.

Absolutely zero effect to your policy or any future renewals.

Your car gets repaired, free of charge with a garage of your choice since it's an exotic (you need to push for this though), but you will need to agree costings with the 3rd party Insurance company first, don't just go pay for it then slap them with a bill, you will find this more difficult to claim back. Just let them pay for it after agreeing a repair.

You are entitled for a like for like car, as you don't have a contract with them, so they will have to provide you with a sports car of similar nature (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini). Regardless of it's age, you will get the modern equivalent (You need to push for this though they will offer something crap, you just say no I want a Porsche).

I know which I would do, if I was rear ended (always the other drivers fault impossible to be determined any other way).

To answer an earlier question - my car colour is Lapis blue.

Talk of 'write-off' spooks me! I paid £22k six months ago on the basis of a PPI where the inspector said I'd be looking a long time to find such a good example.

I've sent the quote off to my own insurer. Having seen DarthFaker's posts I'm now wondering if I maybe should have sent it to the other guys Insurance people.

The bill to fix (even if cheaper options were considered - and I'd rather have a thorough job done) was too high for the guy to pay himself. He's got his own car to fix as well.

Maxthedane said:
To answer an earlier question - my car colour is Lapis blue.

Talk of 'write-off' spooks me! I paid £22k six months ago on the basis of a PPI where the inspector said I'd be looking a long time to find such a good example.

I've sent the quote off to my own insurer. Having seen DarthFaker's posts I'm now wondering if I maybe should have sent it to the other guys Insurance people.

The bill to fix (even if cheaper options were considered - and I'd rather have a thorough job done) was too high for the guy to pay himself. He's got his own car to fix as well.

You can still call your Insurance and say i want to claim directly with the 3rd party as this will effect me less, and i'd like to just register this as a notification.

If you choose to do it this way. It's entirely up to you, but I think you'd be better doing it this way, it's a bit more savvy.

Alex,

I believe that the last sentence in this paragraph is where DarthFaker is stating something different to your post in which you said that registering a claim would be highly likely to affect future premiums.

DarthFaker said:
Claiming through Third Party:

You call them, register claim.

They call their driver, he accepts liability.

Absolutely zero effect to your policy or any future renewals.

My premium went up by 20% this year as result of being involved in a non-fault accident (rear ended last year, going through his third party Insurance).

Thanks for deleting the offence comment T8.

You only need to run a quote on a comparison site then rerun with a non fault accident included and watch the premiums incresa.

TurboRob said:
My premium went up by 20% this year as result of being involved in a non-fault accident (rear ended last year, going through his third party Insurance).

Did they actually say that? Or did you assume that's the reason? Premiums do rise every year by default. My Insurance wanted to increase mine by 100% last year for no reason what so ever until I complained then got a 30% discount on the prior years quote.

Yes, because I did as Alex mentions above - obtained quotes with and without it declared. 20% increase for it declared.

Nothing worse than people giving miss advice on a forum. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back