Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electronics Problem

Moko

Nurburgring
I installed a new single DIN radio yesterday using a harness from Dynamic Sounds....I took the dash binnacle off to route the phone mic during the process the tiny locking tab that you have to depress before you unlock the bigger black tab broke on the grey connector.

Today when I drove the car I noticed the following things Reversing sensor stopped working, the computer control arm is unresponsive, dash centre display is stuck and most importantly Tiptronic switch's on steering wheel don't work.

All other electronics....lights, wipers indicators and the new radio are all working perfectly.

The only other thing I think may have happened is the new wiring harness has dislodged something inside the dash

So what have I done? Where should I look to solve the problem?

Attachments

• 223c6c98_3c58_48f9_92e1_3686b65079b2_162.jpeg
    223c6c98_3c58_48f9_92e1_3686b65079b2_162.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,277
As per the image these items all go into Plug C which is the grey plug.

It's not making a good connection so have a look if its come loose .

Attachments

• wiring_1_147.jpg
    wiring_1_147.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 1,267
Thanks as always that does look exactly like the list of what's not working.

Do you think just pushing the connector back in harder should fix it? I guess after 18 years the tiny plastic parts will get brittle.

The big black lever part was ok and went back down so there maybe a way to fix it but if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

see if its loose first .. if the black lever has no tab left and it wont stay closed then a small piece of duct tape perhaps to keep it in position .

Check the pins as well .. worst way and one is bent so forcing it in will only make it worse .

Usually ok on a hot summer day but they're especially brittle in this cold weather, a blast from a hairdryer can help.

The Force will not be strong with this one... :D

I will check the pins are ok before doing anything....duct tape maybe the answer

:floor:

Trust me .. after all these years i have learnt that if you have to force something .. then something is wrong !!!

tape is best as glue and you cant remove it again .. it may not look pretty but it will work :D

Once again you were absolutely right....a little bit of contact cleaner on the plugs and some gaffer tape to hold it in place and everything works perfectly :D

So thanks again for all of your posts ....for some of us they are an absolute god send. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back