Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Month Storage Question

Moko

I am going to be away in December (work/holiday) and hence my car is not going to be driven during that time. Normally I drive it at least once a week and it always starts first time with no problems and the battery holds charge well.

It's stored in a garage with no electricity supply so trickle chargers etc are out of the question.

So what's the best thing to do? Disconnect the battery? Leave it and hope for the best? Or is there something I should do to preserve the charge?

Your suggestions are most welcome

I would disconnect the battery of it is stored somewhere secure.

MC

If you disconnect the battery don't forget to leave the frunk open.

Is there any way that you could connect a solar trickle charger? They are not fantastic but probably enough to keep the car topped up whilst you are away

You could connect another charged battery alongside your giving your car at least double its usual power supply.

I would be inclined to disconnect the battery, because getting at the flat battery if the frunk is shut is a right pain, also flattening the battery is not good for it.

As said above, leave the frunk open and if I were you leave something in the way of the latch as it's surprisingly easy to forget and close it!

Thanks guys....disconnection of the battery it is and I will put a towel or something to prevent Frunk locking/closing.

battery

Surprised no one has said,
take the battery off the car, take it home or where an electricity supply is available and put it on the trickle charger then it will be perfect and ready to take back and start the car :thumb:
And yes put something under the bonnet to stop it fully closing :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back