Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aux Belt Idelers - Re-Bearing

DaveR6 said:
Hi systemiser, we're all tension era 3202 bearings, mine sound a bit iffy, so want to replace them,
Cheers
Dave

Did you mean - "are all tensioners same 3202 bearing" the answer's yes! lol

Identical type of bearing to the single row IMS one.

If you do this before they dry out and fail the bearings can be regressed, pick the dust shield and re-pack

:thumb:

Thanks gents, new job on my to do list, apologies for typos, iPad self correcting is great :?:

Hello Systemmeister,
I dig up this post but I wanted to know if the new bearing that you had put in place had worked well over time because it seems that the original bearing FAG 575168E is a piece specially made for Porsche and that maybe it was necessary special specifications for working on a pulley ...
In addition, do not you think that a 3202-2RS-C3 bearing with a larger residual clearance and thus a higher rotational speed tolerance is not a better choice for this part?
Thanks for your feedback.

Just found this thread. I have a whine which I suspect is possibly an idler or ps pump. I'll be dropping the engine so will give them a once over then. Thanks for the bearing info. Great job

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back