Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bristol/Gloucester Indies?

Scholester

Barcelona
My Indie of choice has retired and the business has now closed (Brian Woodward).
Can anyone personally recommend any other respectable indies in the North Bristol area? I would travel further afield if a loan car is on offer.

Cameron cars at Chippenham seems to have a good reputation ( not used them personally as I always used OPC)

I also use OPC (Swindon), as I've found no one else around that I'm comfortable with. I drive over to RPM for the stuff the OPC won't do, but they're not any better value in my experience.

Thanks chaps, I appreciate the comments.

Does anyone have any experience of OPC Bristol? I only intend for them to carry out a regular service (Millers Nano supplied by myself - which I believe they will agree to?) I also am due a brake fluid refresh and will ask them if they will fit my HEL brake lines whilst they are at it but not sure what their stance will be on that.....

Scholester said:
Thanks chaps, I appreciate the comments.

Does anyone have any experience of OPC Bristol? I only intend for them to carry out a regular service (Millers Nano supplied by myself - which I believe they will agree to?) I also am due a brake fluid refresh and will ask them if they will fit my HEL brake lines whilst they are at it but not sure what their stance will be on that.....

I have used Bristol couple of times for my Turbo in the past, had no issues.
Regarding your requests I would suggest ringing the service dept before hand to avoid disappointment 👍

Scholester said:
Does anyone have any experience of OPC Bristol?

I use Bristol to service and MOT mine and they have been really good with me. They do fixed priced servicing so dare I say pretty affordable as well IMO. If you join Tipec you get reduced labour rates as well £85+VAT for a 997.1 (£90 for a 997.2) and 12.5% off parts.

Mine was in there for it's 8yr service end of last week and they were top, had a Cayman for two days which was a grower (hated it for the first 20 miles and then grew to quite like it).

As said give them a bell and see if they will use your oil/ fit your brake lines.

For other work I use SCS in Honiton, again really good, great value and know their stuff and well worth the 60 mil trip.

Cameron have a good rep, however when I contated them they were rubbish at getting back to me and quoted higher rates than OPC Bristol so I drew a line through them.

Hope that helps :thumb:

maph said:
Scholester said:
Does anyone have any experience of OPC Bristol?

I use Bristol to service and MOT mine and they have been really good with me. They do fixed priced servicing so dare I say pretty affordable as well IMO. If you join Tipec you get reduced labour rates as well £85+VAT for a 997.1 (£90 for a 997.2) and 12.5% off parts.

Mine was in there for it's 8yr service end of last week and they were top, had a Cayman for two days which was a grower (hated it for the first 20 miles and then grew to quite like it).

As said give them a bell and see if they will use your oil/ fit your brake lines.

For other work I use SCS in Honiton, again really good, great value and know their stuff and well worth the 60 mil trip.

Cameron have a good rep, however when I contated them they were rubbish at getting back to me and quoted higher rates than OPC Bristol so I drew a line through them.

Hope that helps :thumb:
Thanks Maph and Slayer - really very useful comments which I have considered.
After ringing OPC Bristol a couple of times (had to chase them) it was a case of 'computer says no' so I tried Cameron Sports Cars. Whilst I had to chase them a little also, I was happy with what I was hearing and booked my car in.
My experience with them was absolutely excellent. They are a relatively recently established firm (around six years) but they have a couple of ex-Bristol OPC mechanics (Tim & Dean) with many years experience who were very happy to show me around the very impressive facilities and talk all things Porsche and more (they had some fantastic machinery in).
They had no issues with me supplying the Millers Nano oil and Mahle filter - which I had obtained from Opie - whilst carrying out a small service incl. Brake fluid change.
Tom was at hand to ferry me to and from the local eatery whilst the work was carried out and had a diligent approach to ensuring everything was right for me.
I have left a very positive Google Review of my experience and would happily recommend them to anyone needing an alternative Independant in the future. Yes, they are busy so be sure to book a number of weeks in advance, but the modern, clean facilities, enthusiastic approach and fair pricing means a huge thumbs-up from me.
Thanks again for the recommendations - it's what helps make this forum great.

:thumb:

Glad all went well! 👍

Sorry m8 - only just seen this.

I use Martin Doughty at Porschemode - he's based just outside the City center; he's a good spanners guy and doesn't take the piss.

I highly recommend him:
07946 013921
[email protected]
www.porschemode.com

Hope that helps

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back