Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a front section one side bar Clubsport cage

Coopaloop

Hi all,

Greetings from Toronto. As the title says, I am looking for a used OEM front section one side bar Clubsport cage. Any colour is fine.

Any leads, PMs or referrals would be appreciated!

Keep well,

Coop :thumb:

Hi, thanks for the post! Unfortunately that front section is for 996. I have a 997.2 RS and am looking for a 'one door bar' version as well.

FVD sell them. :thumb:

Sorry, just read 'used" bit.

Coopaloop said:
Yes, no problem re:FVD. Can't seem to find a used one here in Canada / USA.

You will struggle here too.

Coopaloop said:
Oh balls...! Are they really that rare?

Coopaloop said:

They are indeed really that rare.

The thing is that the front cage for the 997 wasn't even on the options list - it had to be ordered separately from Porsche Motorsport by the supplying dealer. The consequence of this is that when the cars were new, most buyers and indeed most dealers weren't actually aware that the front cage even existed. The only people who even might have so much as thought to ask the question were people who previously had a 996 Clubsport or RS (the last Porsches to ever actually come with a front cage: and only a subset of those buyers could even get an allocation in Europe by the time the 997.2 RS came out).

On UK spec cars they are staggeringly rare as a consequence. On cars from the continent there are a few out there (though personally I've only seen them on cars that originally went to Germany or Scandanavia), however they are such a novelty item that it is extremely unlikely that anyone would ever take a front cage out of a car that had one and sell separately (which the collectible nature of the cars has only magnified).

Now your question is not a completely impossible one as a few years ago, someone I know did actually manage to buy one from eBay (and for a fairly sensible amount of money). However they really are up there with lightning strikes, rocking horse poo and unicorn tears, so you are going to need to regularly keep tabs on the auction sites across Europe in perpetuity to even stand a chance I fear. And it isn't a very good chance.

Carnewal.com still list them (though you will have to contact them to find out if they really can still get them) at almost 5000 Euros though, so in this day and age it is unlikely that anyone will ever be offloading for cheap. :nooo:

<deleted duplicate>

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back