Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Challenging day for the NW crew yesterday

FZP

So, with Spongebob being challenged by his seatbelt and seat project, Hamster bring scuppered by a flat battery, I thought I'd close the loop for the trifecta.
I had to get a track tow end replaced yesterday, so bought the part and gave it to my local mechanic to do. Porsche tax was too excessive to swallow on this one. 20 mins later I was off to the local wheel shop to get the alignment done.
Getting a wheel alignment done and the bloke working on it slipped and managed to snap a coolant pipe that runs in the front left wheel arch. So as a result the car needed to be towed to another shop to be repaired. The first question I was asked was, did I have RAC/AA Roadside assist. I've not had this since about 1999 as my cars don't break down. At this point, I've come to understand the difficulty in finding a tow truck in our area as all the privateers have shut up shop.
Thankfully the shop owner managed to sort out a tow truck from another workshop.
So the car finished the day where it started, albeit bleeding red fluid waiting for the replacement part. Thankfully for the shop owner the part is only £25 plus fitting, so he's gotten off lightly.
Hopefully by the end of today, Sponge will have the interior sorted, Hamster will have his trickle charger and I'll be collecting my car with all the liquid in the right places.

Attachments

• 20191127_133800_1200x1600_119.jpg
    20191127_133800_1200x1600_119.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 2,155
Roll on Saturday! :drink:

Alex said:
Roll on Saturday! :drink:

Indeed, if you think you feel bad today, wait until Sunday :floor:

MC

Well just when I think the shennanigans have come to a close I sat down earlier today and reviewed their print off of the alignment. What I requested was a copy/paste of Centre Gravity's set up. Some of values are the same, some are close, some are miles off.
I spoke with Pete at CG this evening for a review to see if the values that they provided would be similar on road experience as I don't have the experience or knowledge to decipher them. Pete confirmed that he doesn't even trust their before values, so he has no reason to trust the after values vs what I left CG with.
I'm going to be having a chat with them tomorrow to sort out the financials of the above.
As it stands, I still don't have what I paid for. :frustrated:

That`s even more frustrating for you FZP sometimes we try to do the right thing & it goes from bad to worse.
Hope you get sorted fairly asap.

So went see them this morning and they covered the cost of the repair along with parts, along with no charge for the alignment, which is not paid for yet.
Off to Ninemeister this afternoon to get the alignment done as the local
Kwik fit won't do what I want.
Fingers crossed, let's hope that this locks off what should have been a walk in the part.

So to put this to bed thank crikey Moses for companies like Ninemeister, they slotted me in and made it all go away. But they did find a seized nut that made It impossible for the previous company to have done an alignment yesterday and also 9 months ago when they did another alignment.
For anyone in the NW who want a decent job doing, give them a shout. 10 out of 10 for me :thumb:

Frank and his seized nuts, no wonder you're itching to get out tomorrow! :floor:

He will be now that they have been freed off. Did they warm them up or just work them backwards and forwards for a while? Hopefully no impact required :eek:

Glad it is sorted, always good to find decent companies to work with.

MC

Blowtorched the b******* out of my nut first, them they moved them back and forth many many times.
Pumped for tomorrow,I plan on drowning out the whole sorry ordeal with some fine gentlemen :thumb:

Sounds like a scene from Hostel.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back