Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wet door card driver side at the bottom

Did you manage to get the door leak fixed?

My 'temporary' job seems to have fixed the issue. As some of the door clips were tired I'll take a proper look when I refit the door card properly with new clips. For £65 though I might just get a new membrane and fit that while I'm there :dont know:

As a warning note though, clear the front bulkhead drains while you're fixing water-related issues. One of mine got blocked and the water builds up fast, apparently it can mess the brake booster and it definitely could soak into places you don't want it if left unchecked!

Door membrane is the usual leak but occasionally it's worth getting a small bit of Butil and wrapping it around the lower plastic door fixings as an added seal .

I was told recently that a heavy downpour and these can possibly leak .

997 onwards and these fixings have a rubber seal on them to stop just this from happening .

point to note .. when replacing a door membrane then make sure you get the door panel as clean as possible .. even a small amount of old glue can cause a leak when a new membrane is fitted ... at the bottom .. above this it's not so much of a problem .

I found that out many years ago !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back