Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No clicking/noise in cabin when indicators are on

TV8

Montreal
Evening all, hopefully, I won't post to many questions but I can't promise!

There is no obvious noise when the indicators are on.

Is this usual please?

Thanks in advance.

Im afraid im not sure on this model if the tick is generated by the indicator relay or the instrument cluster .. one of those things i need to sit in a car and listen to to give an answer .. every model is different and i work on every model of Porsche .

Off hand i think it's the relay but until i sit in one .. probably next week and listen then i can't say for sure .

Need some owners to say where the noise comes from .. o/s/f and lower dash area then it's the relay .

...mine's really quiet as well...think it's typical?

It may well be .. this is one of those things that i thought it made a sound until someone asked the question .. now i'm not sure ..

I work on cars .. i have them in front of me and i fix them .. dam hard when i don't have a car lol ..

i'll sit in one sometime next week i expect and i'll listen .. a strange fault but one i need to have an answer for now as i need to know just for myself lol .

there is a very faint click and hidden by cabin noise. I had an extra sounder on the TVR and didn't expect to need one on this!

sorry to jump on your thread my 991 is almost silent too, I would like it to be more louder, can the volume be raised on the newer models :?:

Hamster75 said:
sorry to jump on your thread my 991 is almost silent too, I would like it to be more louder, can the volume be raised on the newer models :?:

Not sure what a 991 is but when I searched the web, many variants seem to have settings for indicator noise in the control system. My 987 had a system that the 996 does not seem to have so if your car is later than these, then its there somewhere!

My early 2001 Turbo doesn't make any noise when the indicators are active.

TV8 have you any details of the sounder please, my indicator is too quiet.
Thanks

ian_alex said:
TV8 have you any details of the sounder please, my indicator is too quiet.
Thanks

Sorry, I don't. It was put in over 5 years ago and no memory of where I sourced it from. However, I am seeing someone who does such things next weekend and see what he suggests and report back.

There is a very quiet click noise from the relay. You can only just hear it if you're stopped and maybe have the radio off...

Mine is fitted with big flashing green lights in the dash cluster that are on when the indicators are on - so it's quite obvious when they re on - even what side of the car are on! I didn't realise that these were an option - I assumed they all had them. :?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic :puh:

I finally got to look at a 996 for this ... probably more for myself than anything.

The click is faint and it comes from the indicator relay .. they are not that expensive so a new relay is the best sound you will get .

Thread resurrection , Did anyone find a louder relay. If so any details would be good,
Kevin

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back