Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 coil pack issues.

One word... bean counters.

Alright, two words :lol:

I REALLY hope that when the OPC replaced these that the greased the hell out of the bolts ..

I'm not sure if anything has been modified .. the bolts ( new ones ) look a different colour but they dont look like stainless to me .

My advise .. extend the warranty on these till at least the major service is done .

Hi, Mine is having this same problem at the dealers now, into the second day.
Thankfully its on warrantee so hoping it will be covered.

4 year service at 35k

Im afraid ive had another one since i first posted that the bolt snapped and i couldn't get it out ..

We had to give the customer the option of attempting to remove it by any means necessary but which might result in an engine drop and a new cover or cable tie the coil in place ..

Whilst that's not the best option we offer what we can , based on cost he went with the cable tie method which works just fine ..

Although i have to admit i was a bit embarrassed at sending it out with this done ..

The next mechanic who works on the car probably won't be impressed by my work :(

Make sure they grease ( ally grease ) the new coil bolts ... if not you will be in the same situation next plug change .

This insight is much appreciated, especially as my 4S is almost due its 4 year service I will book my car in early to make sure it is serviced before the currently warranty expires

Technically corrosion isn't covered but everyone thats posted here has said it's been done under warranty ..

Just in case they argue though .. point out this is the first time the coils have been removed and as such IS a warranty job due to poor materials and design .

Corroded Bolts at 4 yrs

Same problem here, 4 yr service at 18,000 miles. 2 corroded bolts mean that the service is taking 3 days while the OPC waits for parts to arrive. It's still under warranty - fortunately

Corroded Bolts at 4 yrs

Hi all

Just had this issue on my 718 Boxster at its 4-year service (23k on the clock). Technician managed to "save" 3 of the corroded coil pack bolts but one had to be drilled out, resulting in a £200+ bill for a replacement coil pack.

I complained to Porsche UK customer service claiming this is a materials issue as I've maintained the car according to Porsche guidelines, not my fault, etc, etc...

I've been offered a refund as a goodwill gesture, but they are holding firm on the "corrosion so not covered under warranty" position.
Out of principle I've rejected this explanation - will let you know the outcome...

In the meantime, can anyone categorically confirm they have had this scenario covered under warranty (to help my argument)??

Incidentally the dealer told me that a cracked coil pack would have been covered, presumably even if caused by the corroding bolt.

Any confirmation greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back