Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Hey bud, is there a chance you can weight the LMs please? Just wanted to know the difference between them and OZs.

Don't particularly want E88s cos of the road use element.

Thanks

Sure- will pop them on the scales when I have them.

Just dropped the car off for its new Blaupunkt Bremen DAB- excited to finally have the ability to stream direct to the head unit from my phone, whilst said head unit looks like it was made at the same time as the car.

Also had a chat about turning the rear two seats into a big luggage bin for European touring, which I'll get to in Spring.

The Recaro SPG is going to be trimmed in leather to match the passenger seat/interior with Porsche heating elements just after Christmas.

Sure- will pop them on the scales when I have them.

Just dropped the car off for its new Blaupunkt Bremen DAB- excited to finally have the ability to stream direct to the head unit from my phone, whilst said head unit looks like it was made at the same time as the car.

Also had a chat about turning the rear two seats into a big luggage bin for European touring, which I'll get to in Spring.

The Recaro SPG is going to be trimmed in leather to match the passenger seat/interior with Porsche heating elements just after Christmas.

49157499907_6b54f655cc_b.jpg

Sadly the DAB performance of my new radio is unusably bad, I've spoken with the place that installed it and they're going to check it out. Other than that it's pretty good, need a bit more time with it really.

I have to say the Beckers CD performance is excellent, so that's the standard I'm judging this new stereo by.

I'm guessing the dab performance will be down to the antenna :dont know:

Is the knob on the front always that big........or is that something to do with Radio 4? :grin:

logically there should be no difference between radio one and radio four .. that's not the case however as yours and many cars i have worked on have poor reception of radio four .

A DAB is a digital signal whilst the standard is analogue .. both seem to have issues so my theory is its the transmitters and not the receiving equipment.

DAB and it will stop playing with large gaps in the sound , analogue and it tends to crackle a fair bit due the the reduced signal in certain areas .

I think i would investigate the transmission a bit more ( google perhaps ) as i for one would like to know why it affects not just your car .

the radio company may well get a better response but i'm afraid an aerial is an aerial and if the signal is weak it can't do much.

just my thoughts anyways as newer cars have dual antennas and more complicated systems which i suspect is to get around problems like this ..

well out of my depth here though .

:congrats:

I had a call from Driftworks today, ETA for my BBS LM's is end of May/start of June. For reference I paid for them in September.

It's fair to say that this is taking a little while longer than I had thought, so I've asked if instead of an 8.5" ET56 front whether there would be any possibility of changing to a 9' ET50 - I am expecting a flat "nein", but we'll see - don't ask/don't get.

I thought they were 16-20 weeks from Japan, what lead time did they give you back in September?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back