Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Petronas Oils ?

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
So as I sit and watch the F1 it got me thinking does anyone use Petronas products ? you don't here many people recommending them over the usual suspects of Mobil 1 Millers etc.

If its good enough for Mercedes championship winning cars it must be pretty decent ?

so has anyone bought any ?

Petronas is my Indy's oil of choice. I go with what he recommends so the 997 is currently running Syntium 3000 E (5W 40) and it seems to be doing it's thing ok. :dont know: :thumb:

Petronas is the recommended oil for my daughters Citroen C1, so that is what we put it :grin:

I've never even heard of it ? Probably because I've never watched an F1 race

I can't ever recall it being sold anywhere and don't remember ever being offered it from a garage ?

Petronas is a major concern, good quality oil manufacturer.
I used to use and sell it through my Pirtek Franscise.

You certainly wouldn't have any problems with it.

Landrover also use it.

Needed to up my oil today and saw these in Halfrauds today, never seen it before (not cheap). But With Mobile 1 at 20% off, I'll stick with that.

Gazc2 said:
So as I sit and watch the F1 it got me thinking does anyone use Petronas products ? you don't here many people recommending them over the usual suspects of Mobil 1 Millers etc.

If its good enough for Mercedes championship winning cars it must be pretty decent ?

so has anyone bought any ?

Me.....My local Indy uses Petronas products....I have Petronas 5W40 put in mine at its last service a couple of months ago....

Petronas is a huge Malaysian Oil & Gas company (18th larget in the world) owned by the Government.
Oil is Oil doesn't matter who sells it. :thumb:

They're also the team sponsor of the (none-factory) Yamaha MotoGP team :thumb:

Osh

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back