Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

problems matching stone chip on sills

timbo1811

Monza
Having some paintwork done on the sills of my C2, went to pick up the car today and was disappointed to see that they hadn't been able to match the crisp edge on the stone chip along the sill. Should this be a problem, should they take it all off a redo, but probably won't get that factory look. any
Any suggestions would be welcome ?

I am not sure you can totally get rid of it Tim , what they are supposed to do is build it up higher than the OW paint then polish it back down flat. The best bodyshop round here is Poole accident repair centre , they are Porsche approved. might be worth running down to see them and ask their opinion if they say its as good as can be done without a full blend in then at least you know ,and if they say it could be done better again you know and can then decide what to do next. :thumb: if you go down there ask to speak to Lloyd ,here the spray shop foreman ,I have found his word id gospel when it comes to paint and what can and cannot be done. :thumb: :thumb:

Hi Phil thanks for your reply, I'm letting them have another go for now. I didn't give the whole story due to embarassment on my part..... I reversed off my car ramps and mullered the sills.......I'm cringing now. They have pulled out the damage and matched the paint but I have a nice sharp edge to the stone chip at the front but fades away towards the rear. Its an Insurance job, and I will have to pay an additional £200 for the privilege of taking it to this repairer who was recommended to me. So I guess I will have to wait and see what happens next.

timbo1811 said:
Hi Phil thanks for your reply, I'm letting them have another go for now. I didn't give the whole story due to embarassment on my part..... I reversed off my car ramps and mullered the sills.......I'm cringing now. They have pulled out the damage and matched the paint but I have a nice sharp edge to the stone chip at the front but fades away towards the rear. Its an Insurance job, and I will have to pay an additional £200 for the privilege of taking it to this repairer who was recommended to me. So I guess I will have to wait and see what happens next.

keep us posted mate , little accidents can happen to any of us, like needing a new engine because a cheap nasty Chinese piece had been fitted to the car :floor: :floor: , now did you ever get that garage built :thumb:

will do, just had an email from the paint shop, feeling a little more confident now...........garage built, no, I have become an Olympic procrastinator, to my eternal shame.

timbo1811 said:
will do, just had an email from the paint shop, feeling a little more confident now...........garage built, no, I have become an Olympic procrastinator, to my eternal shame.

:floor: :floor: Problem is not time to build a house for it when your driving and enjoying it :thumb: but no worries I think procrastinating is going to be an Olympic sport and according to the EU the UK will win platinum :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back