Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fault codes

Lee997

Monza
Had access to a Launch diagnostic tool today, so seemed rude not to scan my 2005 997.1 C5.

Got following codes, not concerned about door mirror and as far as I'm aware I don't have fog lamps ?

Number plate light works just fine although reporting an error, previous owner changed rear light clusters, front repeaters and rear number plate lights to leds? ( not sure if that has anything to do with it?)

But would like some ideas on the other faults?

Attachments

• 3caf80f4_fe88_4e98_9115_c9a6438c911f_175.png
    3caf80f4_fe88_4e98_9115_c9a6438c911f_175.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 999
Ok then ..

Communication and voltage faults .. you have had a flat battery at some point or a low charged battery .. perfectly normal and will clear after deleting the codes .. if not then you have a problem .. i doubt it though .

Mirror adjustment .. if they work up/down and side to side then there is no issue .. possible battery .. clear the codes and recheck .

Bonnet lock .. again battery i suspect or a sticking switch on the lock .

Fog lights .. either a fault or the lights have been disconnected in the past and ignition has been turned on .. delete codes , turn on fog lights and check if they work and if a code is entered again .

term 50 .. battery low .

Number plate light .. bulb has blown .. probably replaced and this is an old code .. turn lights on and check if they are both working .

job done :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back