Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997TT front shock Query

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
So going by the pic attached it shows two washers as number 8 below the shock mount. now when I stripped mine to fit new springs I only have one of these.

so should there be 2 and if there is only one which way round should it be ?the ones I took off were like the bottom 8 way round.

Attachments

• shock_206.png
    shock_206.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,182
I can have a check on mine tonight for you but going off the diagram there is qty 2 (front axle) of stop plate upper which is the one above the mount; and qty 4 of stop plate lower (different part number ends 01) which go in the strut assembly, 2 each side.

So I would say there should be one up one and one down as shown in the diagram!

That would be sound if you could have a look I only noticed the additional one because I was looking at PET for a part number, the one that fits the top of the strut mount is slightly different as it has a notch that fits the groove in the top of the shock.

so not sure if my springs have been off before and these have went missing.

any help appreciated

Gary

I'm afraid I can only get access Gary to see the bottom of the damper until the cars back on 4 wheels! *aka the ground* . But I can see one of them on the top of the bump stop and it is fitted as per the diagram. I would be 99% sure the top one fits as shown in the diagram as well so I would say you are missing it. Did you check the other side?

To confirm you could call Porsche parts and get them to confirm with the workshop guys?

Thanks for that I had a look on design 911 and it shows the turbo and c4s with 2 and the C2 only has one

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt38.../997-TURBO-2005--/Shock-Absorber-Parts-Front/

both side of mine were the same with one , I am interested you can see one on the top of the bumpstop because if both are fitted I am assuming they will sit back to back on top of the bumpstop ?

I have asked one of the guys on 6speedonline who is selling a set to have a look

cheers

Gary

So I posted the same query on rennlist and one of the guys posted this which also only had the 1 washer

Here you go. This photo is not showing the small washer that goes at the bottom of the strut cylinder but otherwise this is what makes up the strut components. I agree that the schematic appears to be incorrect, there are only 2 concave washers.

Attachments

• 1b38ab63_c636_4218_a9dc_6bcec93eceea_97fd7593765cdd9f87e261fc00c84accfae3ca89jpeg_190.jpg
    1b38ab63_c636_4218_a9dc_6bcec93eceea_97fd7593765cdd9f87e261fc00c84accfae3ca89jpeg_190.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 963
Good to know!! Thanks for the update. Makes sense I suppose; it was hard to visualise why there would be two back to back,especially without looking at one off the car.

If only I had waited a day to order the new washers that arrive tomorrow :sad:

couple of washers for sale going cheap

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back