Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Super Sports MPSS # 997 Tyre Thread (Input needed)

This thread is a bit out of date really now the PS4S is here. I've replaced PS2s with PS4S. They have no N rating in 997 size, but that's just a concern for those under warranty.

I just put PS4S on the front, and they certainly 'look" good! The PS2 N2 I have on the back, now 'look" old and dated in comparison.

(In anticipation for anyone saying I shouldn't mix rear N2 and front PS4S, I will manage!)

As for performance I am not sure - new vs old tyres is always going to feel good.

As for N2, that is normally a big debate. I personally couldn't careless about it. My tyre fitter told me to only use N2 as it is a 'Porsche", but I ignored him.

N rating doesn't matter a jot if you're out of warranty.

No Insurance implications and no performance implications. It's just another Porsche tax for those stuck in (or choose to be in) manufacturers warranty.

Marky911 said:
N rating doesn't matter a jot if you're out of warranty.

No Insurance implications and no performance implications. It's just another Porsche tax for those stuck in (or choose to be in) manufacturers warranty.

thanks - very helpful

PS4S in 295/30/19 for £231 on tyreleader at the moment.

I just got my local f1 autocentre to price match and include fitting/disposal.

Hope that helps someone.

(I also tried some of the discount codes on the tyreleader site but none worked, a further 25% discount would have been amazing)

Am I still right in thinking the Michelin PS4S is the 'go to' tyre? And does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to source them from (beating in mind I need them shipped)?

And since I've seen a fair bit of noise about the latest Goodyear Super Sports is there any one with any experience? I've not seen any comment on the forum.

I'd say so, yes, from views on here and also 2 friends that have PS4S, one of them being on a 997 turbo S. Camskill always worth a look, but worth checking the likes of blackcircles and tyreleader.

I'd also be interested in Goodyear's new tyre, no experience but if they were in the right size and were more than £15 a corner cheaper would very likely go for them.

MaxA said:
Am I still right in thinking the Michelin PS4S is the 'go to' tyre? And does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to source them from (beating in mind I need them shipped)?

And since I've seen a fair bit of noise about the latest Goodyear Super Sports is there any one with any experience? I've not seen any comment on the forum.

I have a set of virtually new PS4S for Carrera 4 (305-30-19 / 235 35 19 ) i'm looking to sell , £500 for the set of 4 but you would need to cover shipping
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1492990#1492990

me&my997 said:
MaxA said:

I have a set of virtually new PS4S for Carrera 4 (305-30-19 / 235 35 19 ) i'm looking to sell , £500 for the set of 4 but you would need to cover shipping

Thanks for the offer, I didn't mean to ignore it, I just didn't see it. In my experience arranging shipping myself is a pain for all concerned. The tyres would need to be wrapped etc. If I was local, and I could come and have a look and pick up in person, I'd be happy to buy.

MaxA said:
me&my997 said:
MaxA said:

Thanks for the offer, I didn't mean to ignore it, I just didn't see it. In my experience arranging shipping myself is a pain for all concerned. The tyres would need to be wrapped etc. If I was local, and I could come and have a look and pick up in person, I'd be happy to buy.

I had a blowout yesterday on the rear near side. Now I've changed my pants, I need to organise replacement rubber for my 997.2 C2S cab. Currently PS2 all around, but all low on tread so I'm going to change all corners. Anyone got any arguments for me not to go PS4S..? Looking at about £910 inc VAT and fitting, blackcircles... Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back