Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rob's Carrera 2 - soon to be for sale...

rob_p said:
Now sold. Great car, year of trouble free motoring.

Can't quite bring myself to part with my 997 and difficult to justify why I need 2x 911s so this one had to go.

I found the same. 991 is a great car, but just didn't get under my skin enough in the end. Good as a GT for euro trips with and good on track but not as much fun/involvement as the 997 overall.

My mileage on the 991 was much more than the 997 as I gave the missus and a mate the choice on which car to take when we went on different europe trips (they were going to drive a lot). Bit gutted when they didn't choose the 997 which made the decision in the end.

G2 said:
rob_p said:
Now sold. Great car, year of trouble free motoring.

Can't quite bring myself to part with my 997 and difficult to justify why I need 2x 911s so this one had to go.

I found the same. 991 is a great car, but just didn't get under my skin enough in the end. Good as a GT for euro trips with and good on track but not as much fun/involvement as the 997 overall.

My mileage on the 991 was much more than the 997 as I gave the missus and a mate the choice on which car to take when we went on different europe trips (they were going to drive a lot). Bit gutted when they didn't choose the 997 which made the decision in the end.

Yes agree. For me - if I was driving across Europe the 991 is a no brainer but for chucking it down a B road at 60 odd mph - 997 all day long.
I feel a little bit like the 991 was a sharp suit but the 997 is jeans and trainers. Do that make any sense? It's a 3rd car so at the weekend I like jeans and trainers!!

My 997 is also quite heavily modded so I have lots of emotional attachment to it... hard not to be emotional with these things.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back