Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

early 3.0 Diesel Advice

andye30m3

Over the last couple of months I've been looking at changing my daily driver megane R26 and 7.5t race transporter for a 4x4 which can tow a decent sized trailer.

Had settled on a 3.0tdi Touarag or Q7 but by chance a reasonably good value 2009 Cayenne Diesel has come up at a local dealer, which of the 3 I'd prefer.

I'm assuming that in terms of running costs and maintenance the Cayenne is very similar to the VW and Audi options.

Is mid 20's achievable for MPG? obviously it's going to be worse when towing but I doubt any worse than my truck and at least I wont be limited to 56mph.

can anyone offer advise on what to look for on a used one, I've read about the prop bearing but other than that haven't found too many issues.

Oil leaks from the through bolts on the engine but that can be fixed without a total engine strip down ..

Prop as you have mentioned ..

water leaks but to be fair most of these have had the front bulkhead drain grommets removed by now so it shouldn't be an issue .

If PDCC is fitted then there can be issues .. look up the threads in this section about them .

forget the 1st Gen VW Touraeg, build quality and service network is awful

957 Diesel city driving is closer to 20mpg but can hit 30mpg+ on the motorway

Air suspension is a must

Points as deMont has mentioned, but you're unlikely to find one with PDCC and you dont really need it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back