Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mirror adjustment when in reverse ?

k11pol

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the mirror position when reverse is selected ? Currently when in reverse the mirror angles downwards towards the ground but it's not low enough for me to see the wheels or pavement.

If it's like the 997, then adjust when in reverse and save with the memory buttons.

Thanks guys , had a few tonight so will give it a go in the morning 👍

I have the 18 way seats so that's good news. I haven't actually been near my car yet to test this but will try it soon.

You have to set that setting in the PCM to let it do that.

Nice part is that you can define how much and type of tilt you want, it remembers that as well.

PVR - I've not used the car for a long time but was trying tonight to use the PCM to set the mirror position for reversing but haven't seen anything to prompt me though I have learned a few other things. So can you explain which menu and how to get there please, thanks.

A full explanation is given on page 121 of the driver's manual.

That's only the option to automatically lower the mirrors towards the kerb when engaging reverse or to switch the function off. What I'm trying to do is adjust the lowering of the mirror further downwards as the current setting doesn't go low enough to show the kerb, it stops quite a bit short and it's very difficult to see the kerb. The passenger side is perfect but the drivers side not so.

k11pol said:
Perfect , thanks 👍

It states that this is for those vehicles fitted with the memory function.
Here's to looking down :thumbs:

k11pol said:
Sorry just updated my reply

Hmm, other than sitting on a cushion you might be out of luck with that.

I'm sure there's a way round it as Porsche do things to detail and will have considered people's different heights. I'm taller than average so there must be a solution. I will ask them direct , I didn't see any Porsche cushions for sale when I was in this week for my MOT 😂😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back