Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats my leak?

Pjt73

Horrible game of whats my leak lol.
Near front end of car. Not constant. Think maybe condensor? Or washer fluid? Fingers crossed.
Its not pink as is my coolant. Its not oil. Not fuel. The green tinge is mossy bits.
No lights on dash. No horrible noises.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20191031_161336_resize_55_118.jpg
    20191031_161336_resize_55_118.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 20191031_161332_resize_69_156.jpg
    20191031_161332_resize_69_156.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 1,418
power steering fluid?

jl-c said:
power steering fluid?

Power steering seems ok though. And i think its coloured?

I'm assuming it's definitely not water from the air con? You use it a lot in the winter to dehumidify the air when demisting.

jl-c said:
I'm assuming it's definitely not water from the air con? You use it a lot in the winter to dehumidify the air when demisting.

Im hoping thats what it is mate. Cars newish to me. I dont usually use ac. Im a window open person. Ill move it around tomorrow see what comes out.

Can i just confirm the pictures are taken o/s/f and behind the front wheel Not in front of it ?

Assuming that's the case then its coolant as there is a pipe right where the leak is .. you don't always see a pink colour .

PAS fluid .. it is green .. obviously oil and if that much had leaked out you would have an empty reservoir.

washer fluid .. the bottle is n/s/f under the rear section of the arch liner .

A/C drips onto the under tray .. similar place to this leak but on the n/s of the car.

deMort said:
Can i just confirm the pictures are taken o/s/f and behind the front wheel Not in front of it ?

Assuming that's the case then its coolant as there is a pipe right where the leak is .. you don't always see a pink colour .

PAS fluid .. it is green .. obviously oil and if that much had leaked out you would have an empty reservoir.

washer fluid .. the bottle is n/s/f under the rear section of the arch liner .

A/C drips onto the under tray .. similar place to this leak but on the n/s of the car.

Yes off side from behind front wheel mate.
Coolant is just above minimum at the moment.
Is the pipe likely an easy fix do you think?

Cheers

It's not hard but you need all the undertrays off to get at it .. couple of images which funnily enough i've just posted on another thread here shows you what i think .

The small rubber pipe is the rear most ones of the crossover pipes .. when doing this job ( crossover pipe replacement ) then these are also replaced .

Right click on the images and select view in separate tab to get a far larger image .. chrome .

Attachments

• pa240054_541.jpg
    pa240054_541.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 1,325
  • p4230006_583.jpg
    p4230006_583.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 1,325
deMort said:
It's not hard but you need all the undertrays off to get at it .. couple of images which funnily enough i've just posted on another thread here shows you what i think .

The small rubber pipe is the rear most ones of the crossover pipes .. when doing this job ( crossover pipe replacement ) then these are also replaced .

Right click on the images and select view in separate tab to get a far larger image .. chrome .

Guess im looking at a grand at an indy mate? Coolant level isnt bad and its not constant so driveable...ish or not risk it?

Cheers for your help.

You might get away with just a single pipe but i'm afraid the crossover pipes are pretty common .. if replacing as the image .. the whole lot basically then yes im afraid its circa £1k to £1200 .

A garage will soon say what's needed and you can always take photos and send them to me to get my opinion if you wish .

Cover the new ones in waxoil .. acf 50 and they should last you from here onwards .

The leak is almost always a slow one , you have a warning message if the coolant bottle gets too low so your never really going to run it dry and cook the engine.

To be honest it still needs investigating but i'm afraid other than the brake reservoir there's nothing else in that area .

deMort said:
You might get away with just a single pipe but i'm afraid the crossover pipes are pretty common .. if replacing as the image .. the whole lot basically then yes im afraid its circa £1k to £1200 .

A garage will soon say what's needed and you can always take photos and send them to me to get my opinion if you wish .

Cover the new ones in waxoil .. acf 50 and they should last you from here onwards .

The leak is almost always a slow one , you have a warning message if the coolant bottle gets too low so your never really going to run it dry and cook the engine.

To be honest it still needs investigating but i'm afraid other than the brake reservoir there's nothing else in that area .

Cheers mate. Much appreciated.
Ill get it looked at locally. See what they say.

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back