Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice ( buying cayenne )

Noste500

Trainee
Hi people . Thanks for adding me !
Potentially buying a V6 cayenne . I've found one with full PSH and warranty ( oil leak fixed by Porsche )
It doesn't have roof rails and also no pan sun roof.
But it does have 18 way seats and other spec I like .

Not too bothered about the roof ( mrs might be more than me ) but will this affect re-sale a lot ?

Can roof bars be fitted without rails ? ( for roof cycle rack thingy )

It doesn't have air susp : again is this a must ? And resale affected ?

Thanks in advance .

At least the biggest issue - the notorious oil leak has been sorted :thumb:

I'm presuming we're talking 958 Tdi variant?

If so, I had one and it was a great vehicle - big but great! A real mile muncher in luxury. Quality fit/finish throughout and no negatives. OK Sat Nav was poor but then it was an old system.

Mine had Air Suspension, 14-way seats and a pan roof but 18" wheels. Mostly in 'comfort setting' as this gave an excellenet ride. PASM and sport mode on UK roads was terrible.

My take is the most desirable to buyers is the pan roof over air suspension and updated seats. Granted the 18-way are THE best sets you can have (and my preferred choice but couldn't find one with everyhthing else I wanted) but the market/buyer profile suggests basic seats are good enough. I don't recall ever having the roof open other than the blind.

Do you need Air-Suspension? Not really unless you take it off road and have blingmeister wheels fitted. Wheels over 20" compromise the ride which air mitigates (a bit).

I think the roof bars are factory fit only but imagine there is a workaround for roof boxes etc. You'll also need a set of ladders to get up there as they're tall.

A pan roof will be more expensive than one without so expect the same at re-sale. Seats and to a degree air suspension will not factor. Wheel size/design seems to win buyers over :roll:

Yes the v6 d model.
Thanks for the input .
I have now found roof bars can go on without rails if needed .
Not sure if it has nav but it has Bose and 19 inch turbo wheels fitted .

Yes the v6 d model.
Thanks for the input .
I have now found roof bars can go on without rails if needed .
Not sure if it has nav
Has tow bar also ( cannot see it on picture of car )

Noste500 said:
Has tow bar also ( cannot see it on picture of car )

Ideally the Porsche one that can be removed and stored in the boot :thumb:

Yes it would seem it is that one .
Just been to view car .
Owner never used bar and it is stowed away somewhere underneath.

Car has Porsche warranty .
Does that mean if It needs discs and pads the car has to go to them to do ?
Guessing they would not be covered by the warranty .

If I had them done elsewhere would that void any warranty ?
Would I have to use gen Porsche discs ? ( to uphold the warranty I mean .

If that makes sense . 😀

Noste500 said:
Car has Porsche warranty .
Does that mean if It needs discs and pads the car has to go to them to do ?
Guessing they would not be covered by the warranty .

If I had them done elsewhere would that void any warranty ?
Would I have to use gen Porsche discs ? ( to uphold the warranty I mean .

If that makes sense . 😀

Technically yes non-genuine parts invalidate the warranty. But you can buy the genuine parts and have them fitted elsewhere/yourself so save £120+ ph labour costs.

Whether they will actually work out if non-genuine parts are fitted is debatable - mixed views :dont know:

Pads on my GT4 are Pagid 8)

Bought the car :thumb:
Some questions
1. Does the opc warranty require me to have all 4 tyres the same brand / spec ?
2. Assume I need to fit 2 at a time minimum ( same axle ) ?
3. How do I find out what genuine pads and discs are fitted ( to maybe buy myself and have fitted outside the OPC ( to save money ) and where is best place to buy said parts from ?
4. If/ when it goes to opc for any service or warranty work , will they be ok with renewed parts fitted as long as they are OE parts ? Ie not fall out with me because they haven't fitted them ?
5. Any special methods / equipment required for pad change ?

Thanks in advance . Love the drive of the cayenne and al itching to learn more about the car .
It's a 63 plate V6 diesel . :D

In answer to Q3 I've been reliably informed that in a Porsche branded box containing discs you could get a few different makes, including Pagid and Brembo.

Q4 - front pads no special tools, rears you will need to be able to put the electric handbrake into service mode with suitable diagnostic equipment. I don't know whether the generic tools can do it, I haven't had cause to use mine on a Porsche

Porsche discs are SHW, nothing else. Whats the chance of them picking up that you have Pagid fitted? Unlikely but is it worth paying for a warranty and then not sticking to their rules?

Brembo are easier to spot I think as the finish on the hubs isnt like SHW or Pagid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back