Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which club?

eko

Trainee
Had a quote today for car Insurance from Classic Line, a lot of people on here seem happy with them, so I thought I'd try them first.

Girl mentioned that 15% discount would be available if I joined the Porsche GB club or TIPEC.

Are these clubs worth joining, and is any one better than the other?

Hope I'm not going to be starting any arguments here. :D

I've used Classicline in the past, seemed ok to me. PCGB is the posh club & Tipec is the working mans club.

Don't worry about upsetting people, I've probably upped the anti on that :D

Why not join both & go to some club nights & weekend meets, it all helps you gain knowledge about your car.

You've forgotten to mention the wife swapping Ridders :floor:

I find all car clubs a bit odd. Full of people with 'Big fish in a little pond" syndrome. It's amusing to watch though.

In fact I think I'd rather pay the extra 15% to not have to join one. :grin:

I must add though I've met some good lads off here (and in the early days, P'heads) so it's not all bad. But you have a half decent idea if someone is on a similar wavelength to yourself, from their posting style.

PCGB though. Honestly.... :grin:

FZP said:

SK10? :lol:

Alex said:
FZP said:

SK10? :lol:

Far too posh for the likes of you or I Alex, albeit with your charm n DJing skill set...... anyways

Anybody other than myself going to offer anything constructive? :D

I'd recommend joining your local TIPEC facebook group. You can get a good idea from that what the members are like and get up to, then decide if it's for you or not. There's a great set of people in my local group and some of the events they put on are great. Loads of good banter and from what I've seen, no snobbery, unlike some of the other groups mentioned in this thread :oops:

PCGB is a bit more expensive, has an excellent monthly mag, great clubhouse in the Cotswolds used for members meetings. Feels very businesslike.

Tipec is cheaper, has a more approachable feel, mag every two months.

Much depends on your local area meets, and if you see yourself getting involved. That's really what it's all about.

Go along to one each as a guest, see who you feel more comfortable with.

A big thank you for all the replies :thumb:

I'll have a look through tonight and try to decide. If all goes well I could be buying on Thursday, so I'll need to get something organised.

If it helps I'm not a member of either :thumb:

eko said:
A big thank you for all the replies :thumb:

I'll have a look through tonight and try to decide. If all goes well I could be buying on Thursday, so I'll need to get something organised.

https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/ offer competitive rates if you mention '911uk'

PCGB also gets discounts at OPCs for service etc but sometimes you can get them by haggling anyway.

Their track days are usually Porsche only if you care about ? Bit more expensive than open track etc but well run.

Depends what your looking for from the club and how old the car is etc. Some events they have infield parking and 'deals" on tickets like the Silverstone 6 hr etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back