Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear end started getting naughty

sadman

hi all,
my 94 c2 has started breaking away at the rear very easily on wet or damp roads, not had this happen before in the 90,000 miles ive done,
daily driver with 220k on the clock,
im on my first set of faulken tyres that are about 1/2 worn on the rears,
double checked tyre pressures which are all good at 36 psi,
I have had suspension arms wear out in the past but you can feel these when they go,
replaced drop links not long ago,
jacje3d her up and all wheels are nice and firm with no unusual movement,
suspension is on the list for a change as I replaced with standard suspension last time and they feel a bit harsh at the moment,going for a set of ohlins as a treat for the old girl,
I don't think it the suspension as its started to happen to quickly,
its quite good fun but make driving in the wet a bit too interesting for a daily driver.
any thoughts are appreciated,

I'd guess the clue is "half worn Falkens"... plus lower road/atmospheric conditions.

Stick some proper tyres on, Michelin/Bridgestones for example and i'd wager there would be a huge improvement.

C.

Probably a rear wishbone bush, had similar syptoms. car checked by local indie found nothing and then lost the rear end on a roundabout. passenger squealed a lot.
Took it to another indie who demonstrated a comletely goosed bush. Now fitted with ER bushes and don't use the first indie.

thanks men,

I have tried contis,bridgestone,michelins,goodyears,out of them all I like the falkens best, great in the dry and up to now great in the wet,
I think its unlikely its tyres as it has come on in the space of a week,
but it could be,
I have the nylon anti roll bar bushes fitted but it was a while ago so will have a look, might be one of the bush clamps gone again, had one fail in the past but cant recall how it felt as I had std geo ,I have semi rs geo for now,

have to get the car jack out again for a better look about,

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back