Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports

Just spoken to my local OPC today about tyres. Entirely clueless, and not even aware of the tyre approval spec sheet, but he did confirm that any N rated tyre with matching N rating code on each corner was sufficient.

I have P Zeros on mine with new rears required soon. Are the MPS 4S really that much better? i'm happy to ditch my almost new fronts to have all 4 matching, obviously, but interested to hear how the P Zero performs in the wet, because mine doesn't have the luxury of sitting still, and is out in all weathers.

Didn't know a thing about winter tyres, other than i should buy a set of wheels and tyres. Asked about centre locks for the GTS and that really threw him!

I have seen comments suggesting their OPC will fit tyres if they are supplied by the internet. However, what does your OPC charge for each order? Mine seemed to think it was £75 a corner.

gonesailing said:
Just spoken to my local OPC today about tyres. Entirely clueless, and not even aware of the tyre approval spec sheet, but he did confirm that any N rated tyre with matching N rating code on each corner was sufficient.

I have P Zeros on mine with new rears required soon. Are the MPS 4S really that much better? i'm happy to ditch my almost new fronts to have all 4 matching, obviously, but interested to hear how the P Zero performs in the wet, because mine doesn't have the luxury of sitting still, and is out in all weathers.

Didn't know a thing about winter tyres, other than i should buy a set of wheels and tyres. Asked about centre locks for the GTS and that really threw him!

I have seen comments suggesting their OPC will fit tyres if they are supplied by the internet. However, what does your OPC charge for each order? Mine seemed to think it was £75 a corner.

I was in a very similar situation, I got my 911.2 GTS RWD in August that came with the P zeros. To be honest I was disappointed in the handling, especially in the wet and I had a feeling it was due to the tyres. The P zeros were ok in the dry but a liability in the wet if you wanted to even remotely push the car so I changed to PS4S N0 last week and the difference was night and day, it literally feels like driving a totally different car. My Pirellis still had plenty of tread and I was weary about paying for 4 new tyres in case they didn't make a difference but I had PS4S on my M4 previously and knew how good they were. My car is a daily and I've got MUCH more confidence now. If you push the car at all you will notice a massive difference.

I purchased the tyres elsewhere and got my OPC to fit, they charged £144 including VAT but I assume different OPCs will charge different rates but £75 a corner seems excessive compared to mine and I live in NI and we only have one OPC so they don't even have to be competitive.

riano said:
gonesailing said:

My car is RWD too, so wouldn't say no to more confidence in the wet.

glad they are worth the money, it's PS4S or Alpin winters going on next.

I was in a very similar situation, I got my 911.2 GTS RWD in August that came with the P zeros. To be honest I was disappointed in the handling, especially in the wet and I had a feeling it was due to the tyres. The P zeros were ok in the dry but a liability in the wet if you wanted to even remotely push the car so I changed to PS4S N0 last week and the difference was night and day, it literally feels like driving a totally different car. My Pirellis still had plenty of tread and I was weary about paying for 4 new tyres in case they didn't make a difference but I had PS4S on my M4 previously and knew how good they were. My car is a daily and I've got MUCH more confidence now. If you push the car at all you will notice a massive difference.

I purchased the tyres elsewhere and got my OPC to fit, they charged £144 including VAT but I assume different OPCs will charge different rates but £75 a corner seems excessive compared to mine and I live in NI and we only have one OPC so they don't even have to be competitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back