Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic Oil and Filter replacement.

deMort

Monaco
An early car but similar to the later cars .. different drain/ filling points is all but the same applies to each .

As per first image .. these bolts corrode .. scrap out the rust to get a good fit for the socket .

Warning .. its possible these can snap so its at your own risk .. my disclaimer .

i've not yet had one snap but i'm pointing it out .. it's a possibility .

Undo drain plug and drain .. undo sump pan bolts .. clean each one to get a good fit for the socket .. if one rounds off then you are in a world of pain .

Drop sump pan ..

Undo x2 filter bolts and remove ..

Make sure the seal comes out with the filter .. it can get stuck inside the box .

Scotch Brite or a light grade sandpaper .. clean off the old gasket .. if not done well enough you will get a leak .. Don't go mad .. a light sanding is all that's needed .

You can use a sealant on the gasket if you wish .. i don't .. i use a bolt to locate the first hole then juggle another to line up one at the opposite side of the pan to locate the gasket .

loosely fit all bolts before tightening .

Fill oil until it drips out ..

Start car , put in drive , reverse then drive and back to neutral .

refill box until it drips out again .

Run car for approx 8 mins fill bung removed and oil dripping out .

If you have a temp gun then 30 - 40 degrees .. if not about 8 mins then refit the fill bung ..

job done .

Attachments

• tip_4_177.jpg
    tip_4_177.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 1,193
  • tip_3_443.jpg
    tip_3_443.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 1,193
  • tip_2_201.jpg
    tip_2_201.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 1,193
  • tip_1_117.jpg
    tip_1_117.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 1,193
Great pics and write up...How often should you change this oil filter?

Image is from the service sheet .. as you will see .. it's a long service change interval and sooner is recommended .

Attachments

• service_sheet_1_103.jpg
    service_sheet_1_103.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1,077

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back