Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 cab water ingress. Help!

merchie

Hi,

I purchased a 997.1 cab late June and keep the car under a cover when not used. Last weekend I went out for a drive and the heavens opened. Got home and later that afternoon noticed condensation on the windows then noticed the drivers rear seat and footwell were saturated. I've googled the problem and read the drain pipes are most probably blocked and need clearing. Should this not have been carried out when I purchased the car as it apparently had a service and PDI?

Anyway, where are the drain pipes and how do I access them as i'm not a confident DIYer around a car? Please can someone help guide me?

Cheers

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1145071&sid=63c7fb44a841e694a7fc6268750c8ddd

The link is one of many on here that you could tap into, you could search the forum for others.
As to your question about whether this sort of thing should have been picked when the vehicle was being prepared for sale, well that's a conversation between you and who you bought the car from. Depending on when that was there's no harm in asking them to help you out, if you have confidence in them. :dont know:

Should be a fairly easy fix. Unblock drains and mop up all the excess water, just make sure you do that last bit properly since water can damage the electronics. I just put mine into a local garage to drain the pipes and is all ok now. I keep dry packs in the car for good measure anyway now as well just since I bought them and they might as well live in the car.

Basically the best way is to remove the front section of the rear wheel arch liner .. you will then have access to the drain.

If the rubber grommet is there then remove it .. i suspect it will be .

You will need to have the rear wheels removed though .. you can do it without removing the wheels but its a bit of a mission and you need short tools to get the screws out .

Believe it or not .. cleaning out the rear drains is a separate job from a service and as such is not always done ..

Indys .. well mine at least tend to do this on a service but i know OPC charge for this as its a separate job .

It's the same as an airbag check or a drive belt check .. both are items we do but both are also extra items that technically should be charged for and as such are not always done .

merchie said:
Hi,

I purchased a 997.1 cab late June and keep the car under a cover when not used. Last weekend I went out for a drive and the heavens opened. Got home and later that afternoon noticed condensation on the windows then noticed the drivers rear seat and footwell were saturated. I've googled the problem and read the drain pipes are most probably blocked and need clearing. Should this not have been carried out when I purchased the car as it apparently had a service and PDI?

Anyway, where are the drain pipes and how do I access them as i'm not a confident DIYer around a car? Please can someone help guide me?

Cheers

I've noticed just the last week or two when I've taken my dog out for a walk in the evening my windscreen is misted up on the inside! I use mine as a daily driver but could this be the same problem?
2005 C2.

Lee.

Your car is not a cab ? pretty sure it isn't .

Steamed up windows is due to either ..

water ingress .. on a non cab then its different .

A/C not working or switched off ..

A very wet day where you are getting in and out of the car with wet boots etc and adding moisture to the inside of the car .

As with all of these cars .. make sure the passenger carpet around the seat is not wet .. a control unit under the passenger seat can cause a lot of problems if it gets wet .

Rear end CU and it has some of the alarm functions in it .. in other words the car wont start if this gets flooded .

Many thanks guys for your advice. I found the plugs and the rear right was completed clogged with crap!
Thanks again :thumbs:

merchie said:
Many thanks guys for your advice. I found the plugs and the rear right was completed clogged with crap!
Thanks again :thumbs:

Very satisfying job. Do the front ones near the battery too.

If your carpets are wet get them out and hang them up for a few days the

For want if a better word

Underlay is very thick and it won't dry without coming out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back