Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Glacier White 996.1 GT3 Aero Kit 1999

The sunroof debate is a matter really of personal preference. I can't see how not having one adds to the driving experience.
My 964 had one which was quite nice at low speeds. Hopeless at higher speeds though.
My 996 doesn't have one and I don't miss it all.

Nice one guys thanks for the comments :D

I hear both sides re the sunroof delete, I will be honest I very much doubt after searching that I would go ahead now and the cost involved to boot, I still won't use it I know that much! but It's a nerdy thing and a preference of mine (maybe because my last one didn't have one bolstered my question and want for doing It) It's not causing any bother nor like Marky911 said does it really give any benefit to be noticed other than cosmetically for a road car, Demon felt strongly about doing this and I appreciate his reasoning, I have the same thoughts but less balls to go ahead me thinks after research :p haha,

Spent 3 hours yesterday after work jacking it up removing each wheel and getting hand arms and face covered in dirt cleaning arch and everything in sight! It's most definitely phase one but a working progress for sure, I need something with a bit more 'poke' to get some of the greasy underseal off (going to re apply a clear coat protection of some sort) being a white car you can imagine even a small amount of grease muck stands out!, wheels inside and out revealed a 'want' to have them stripped and refurbished fully not just the face,

Getting irritated as I want It all done now :frustrated:

RE sunroof, if it's a run of the mill silver/black then I would say do whatever you want.

But your car is quite possibly one of one UK white aerokit, and it's low mileage and mint cosmetically so I would say don't do it.

Anyway it's your car so whatever makes you happy :p :thumb:

I agree and I wouldn't have had to balls to cut this one open! I suppose I got a little carried away at the thought of having MY perfect spec or as close as, but to 'actually' do It doubt I would,

I intend on keeping this one OEM+ only, as much as possible and clean inside out improving on how nice it already is so this bolsters not do it,

On the sun roof debate. I've opted to keep it and I've done away with the air con. It didn't work, the condensers gave gad it so it's a goner. I love the roof tilted up virtually all the time.

NedHan79- Fair play for getting rid of the AC! kind of makes sense in a way having eradicated the fragile condenser positioning and other know leaking points! but for me them hot summers days sweating in the car isn't fun, :nooo:

Small update, Just picked up the car from Goss Hall Classics near me, having the following done,

H&R springs + H&R 15mm spacers
New bump stops
Both front top mounts + bearings
2x Front steering arms
2x Coil pack shields

Service -with Millers Nanodrive Oil and filter, Air and cabin filters changed

Just ordered rear wiper delete kit (just need to paint the cap GW

And treated it to a Genuine Porsche Martini Racing indoor cover

99104400030-LR.jpg

I Plan to do loads more cleaning/detailing and then decide whats next to tick off,

Few pictures not the best and needs to settle more over a few hundred miles or so but I feel it looks much nicer than before already!, weather is awful so will get it out for a blast in a few days and see how it drives,

IMG-0836.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0840.jpg

IMG-0843.jpg

:thumbs:

Looks great :worship:
Loving the cover too..Do you mind me asking cost. I need one for my new addition too :grin:

Nice round of work that and I'm sure it'll look great with a few more miles on.

Another fan of that cover here. 8)
I couldn't use one though as I rarely manage to wash my car after a run. It usually sits dirty and gets a good clean for the next time it's used.

It does look good though. Maybe one day when I have a nicely done out garage and more time on my hands. :thumb:

Many thanks, Yeah I do want to add some colour was thinking about side decal or something just not entirely sure what, I'm a big fan of the Martini Livery,

Adam, nice one mate, the Porsche Martini cover is 365+VAT on Design911 not sure if it's cheaper from a main dealer? I got this one slightly cheaper from someone that never used it or if only once to try it on he said,

Marky, I might end up doing the same thing! I'd imagine when i know it's not going to be used for a while is when It will wear its new PJ's haha, I would love a garage like the one pictured one day, Iv told the misses the next house has to have room for me to build a nice home for the toys, I do have a large single so when I do a winter clean and SORN i will use the cover,

your new GT3 looks amazing by the way, I read the whole thing and was amazed at your progress in such a short time, as always you inspire me to keep tweaking.

Thanks again guys

Nice! looks like a good one, most definitely something I'd have gone to see if in the market, early car with kit etc and decent miles, you going for it??

Thanks for the comments JM. I just do what we all do on here. Buy something half decent and tinker with it to bring it upto scratch. It's all down to my mate Craig. It's much more fun working in pairs or a group.
:thumb:

When I first saw the pics yesterday I thought that was your garage for a minute. Great space that isn't it. 8)

And yep I'd welcome a cover over winter and for longer stints. There's something exciting about a car under a cover. Even when you know what it is. :grin:

That white one above looks lovely. I didn't realise there was more than one.
Needs a new oil pressure sender though. :wink:

Car looking great JM.

Funny white wasn't fashionable back then in the late 90s.

Marky911 said:
That white one above looks lovely. I didn't realise there was more than one.
:

+1

JM30 said:
Nice! looks like a good one, most definitely something I'd have gone to see if in the market, early car with kit etc and decent miles, you going for it??

I like the kitted cars but on balance I prefer to own a 'below-the-radar' look of my black C2. Also helps it only cost me 11k!

I do keep looking at the lower end of the 6spd 993 market and wonder if I would prefer to build a CSR style early 3.4 sort the engine, suspension, etc for the same coin as a leggy 993.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back