Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First UK 991.2 Carrera 625ps

Manual Carrera T with these figures sounds like my kind of car. Especially if your getting the lovely turbo noises. Does it have a flat ***** (flames please 8) )?

Would be interesting to see how the clutch takes it. Is it progressive boost mapping?

9E website acknowledges clutch as follows:-

1, PDK is fine to hold this additional power. We do check the PDK operation first to make sure there is no known issues.
2. For Manual cars currently on the cars we have done the clutch is not slipping since the clutch is relatively new - however we do expect that upgrading the clutch will be necessary at some point due to the additional power.

Not that I'm knowledgable, but isn't the gearbox going to be under pressure? Carrera T has the 7 speed rather than the 6 speed found in GT3s and the like or doesn't that make a difference? Brakes too, they're the 4 pot rather than the 6 pot that S,GTS, Turbo etc. get I believe.

MJA911 said:
9E website acknowledges clutch as follows:-

1, PDK is fine to hold this additional power. We do check the PDK operation first to make sure there is no known issues.
2. For Manual cars currently on the cars we have done the clutch is not slipping since the clutch is relatively new - however we do expect that upgrading the clutch will be necessary at some point due to the additional power.

Not that I'm knowledgable, but isn't the gearbox going to be under pressure? Carrera T has the 7 speed rather than the 6 speed found in GT3s and the like or doesn't that make a difference? Brakes too, they're the 4 pot rather than the 6 pot that S,GTS, Turbo etc. get I believe.

The clutch is starting to slip a bit in low down pulls in higher gears. Looking at either refinishing the OEM part with a higher friction setup or a new carbon clutch. The 991.2 7MT has the same parts as the 991.1R and 991.2 GT3.

Re brakes, my car has PCCB's, same size discs and callipers as turbo S etc. I'm confident it will easily outbrake a 991.2 turbo S given the same hardware and 200kg less weight:)

spooky said:
lk993 said:
spooky said:
You aren't too far away from me and so I was interested until I saw the price of the GTS stage 1. £3K seems a lot for a remap and especially when someone like Litchfield will give 2/3 of the increase for 1/3 of the price.

I was wondering the same. I'm thinking perhaps 9E are changing the plenum also which may explain the extra 30 horses over Litchfield.

Not based on what they say on their website. Perhaps they are just boosting it more.

It would be interesting to hear their comments regarding what you are getting for your money.

I haven't had a car tuned by Iain L so can't comment on his work, other than he has a great reputation for GT-R.

What 9e offer is a fully bespoke tune, they had my car for 9 days and had many iterations of the tune during which the car covered around around 100 road miles being vboxed and analysed and improved multiple times. The labour cost and bespoke nature of the tune to my (modified) hardware made it good VFM for me versus a generic remap.

Sounds like all the bases are covered @GT3ZZZ, must be a hell of a package, a good value one too 👍

spooky said:
lk993 said:
spooky said:
You aren't too far away from me and so I was interested until I saw the price of the GTS stage 1. £3K seems a lot for a remap and especially when someone like Litchfield will give 2/3 of the increase for 1/3 of the price.

I was wondering the same. I'm thinking perhaps 9E are changing the plenum also which may explain the extra 30 horses over Litchfield.

Not based on what they say on their website. Perhaps they are just boosting it more.

It would be interesting to hear their comments regarding what you are getting for your money.

Sorry was away for a week.

When you tune a car, you can do the normal changes to ignition/fuel/boost etc. What I see on the market is precisely this - basic changes that give a modest increase - for example COBB Off the Shelf maps (OTS) - they typically give 50whp.

That is not what we do. We tune cars in multiple ways to explore where the limits are on different components when we first start, how the car responds under different strategies on the road. As an example on the 991.2 Turbo S we created 22 different maps, with some iterations of the same map etc. When you explore these strategies you find limits etc. All 991.2 cars are sensitive to limp modes under certain conditions - you don't find that on dyno. You have to explore why it does not respond, sometimes throwing away a strategy that works to a certain point but restricts you from going forward.

We finalised for example on our 718s the tune after 7000 miles of mostly track driving - there is nothing left on the table available - we know this.

It is not a question of we run more boost etc. Sometimes that does not provide better gains but causes more issues.

And it not as simple to say tuner x has 100hp and tuner y has 120hp - how much power under the curve is there at 2000rpm, 3000rpm, 4000rpm etc, what happens when you get to 140mph, what happens when you track the car etc.

We have many cars with less hp that consistently run faster than competitors cars.

As to price, only customers can decide whether that is GVFM.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back