Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adamw''s 996 C2 aero ownership thread...

You have got a great car there! Like many I read Mark's thread from start to finish inspired by the work that Mark & Craig did on the car!
It really is a fantastic car!
I am sure it I'll bring you many years of happy motoring. 👍

abcarrera said:
You have got a great car there! Like many I read Mark's thread from start to finish inspired by the work that Mark & Craig did on the car!
It really is a fantastic car!
I am sure it I'll bring you many years of happy motoring. 👍

Thanks so much - very pleased
Really looking forward to getting out in this one and loving the NA noise again too :D

1st very MINOR thing :grin:

New number plates
I want to obtain from an official Porsche centre so it contains the dealer details at bottom as think this is a nice little touch
As per above pics where Mark had 'Porsche Centre Newcastle" on.

Guessing I just call relevant dealer and ask them to make and send?

Now do I go local dealer or supplying dealer ? .. decisions decisions :?:

PS not very exciting I know :lol: :?:

You'll need to visit your preferred OPC with your V5 logbook & some form of photo ID to order your plates given DVLA regs for replacement number plates (it's meant to stop scrotes cloning number plates).

MrC986 said:
You'll need to visit your preferred OPC with your V5 logbook & some form of photo ID to order your plates given DVLA regs for replacement number plates (it's meant to stop scrotes cloning number plates).

Ok, thanks for the heads up.
May speak with a couple of OPC's to see if they'll send out but if I need to go in I may just order some alternate plates online :grin:

Well done Adam, great to see you've got a good one.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh :thumb:

Daniel said:
Well done Adam, great to see you've got a good one.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh :thumb:

Cheers Daniel - :thumbs:
Looking forward to a run out

Obviously me and Adam have spoken loads via email etc, but I don't want to look like I'm ignoring the thread or anything. :grin:
Quite the opposite and I'm very interested in the cars next chapter. 8)

As I've said Adam, I'm really glad it's gone to a forum member who will continue to look after it and enjoy it. I hope it serves you well. :thumb:

Thanks to the people commenting on the work Craig and I carried out. For the most part it was very enjoyable and the end result is a lovely car, if I do say so myself. :D

As you say Adam, it makes a great sound. It screams better than my GT3 as I'm still running the std airbox at the moment.
Try and sort the dealer plates. They just add a touch of quality. It's all in the detail.

Enjoy! :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Obviously me and Adam have spoken loads via email etc, but I don't want to look like I'm ignoring the thread or anything. :grin:
Quite the opposite and I'm very interested in the cars next chapter. 8)

As I've said Adam, I'm really glad it's gone to a forum member who will continue to look after it and enjoy it. I hope it serves you well. :thumb:

Thanks to the people commenting on the work Craig and I carried out. For the most part it was very enjoyable and the end result is a lovely car, if I do say so myself. :D

As you say Adam, it makes a great sound. It screams better than my GT3 as I'm still running the std airbox at the moment.
Try and sort the dealer plates. They just add a touch of quality. It's all in the detail.

Enjoy! :thumb:

Thanks Mark :thumb:
I'll definitely cont. to look after it and keep this thread updated.

:thumbs:

Although sh!t weather yesterday, I had to get her out for a blast as not really driven much since collection due to other plans.
My son loved it too (his 1st run out in this one)
So rewarding ! Although obviously slower than my previous T, it some how feels more fun and engaging to drive. Lots of smiles :D

Roll on spring and dry weather 8) 8)

A quick couple of 'dirty" pics:

3-D40-D4-AB-A8-D4-4976-9512-B66200529915.jpg

8-EF7-A1-CB-5-FEE-4-B16-9775-6-DABC897-F56-C.jpg

D2670078-FBC8-4643-A791-E07-B154-D999-B.jpg

Fantastic looking car :D

You forget how good it looks whan you've not seen it for a while... :eek:

Good to see it being used :thumbs:

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Looking good Adam. 8)

I hope you set your son away on scrubbing those arches out once you got home. :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back