Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Leak

Robert Wildbur

Just booking my car in for full service and possibly suspension overhaul, due to 19 year old 85k old rubber creaking, and have noticed I have oil misting from the back left driveshaft (no oil loss or dripping on floor), can anyone tell how much work is involved in fixing this before I book it in?

Thanks.

Attachments

• img_20191013_095937_167.jpg
    img_20191013_095937_167.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,405
Cost me £130 to have a new Driveshaft oil seal fitted, though that included chiselling off the filler plug as the old one had rounded off.

From Photo looks like the CV boot has split though?

That CV joint boot is torn, replace it immediately before you destroy the joint! The oil you're seeing is likely from the shaft seal though. Some weeping is not uncommon, but yours looks quite bad.

Thanks for heads-up, I will not use it to I can get it booked in javascript:emoticon(':x')

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back