Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In for a penny.........

Shiny spinny thing.

3pzf52M.jpg

Thomas it looks absolutely brilliant ... all done now, hope to see you out next year sometime . :thumb:

KP964 said:
Thomas it looks absolutely brilliant ... all done now, hope to see you out next year sometime . :thumb:

Cheers KP, not waiting until next year I'm still using it now! In fact it has been to work every day for the last fortnight as the old Passat threw a wobbler.

Going great and sounding mint too!

So with a possible enforced stay at home looming I am looking to tidy up the interior of my car. First job is to improve the feel of the front seats. The leather is in pretty good shape but has hardened somewhat and has lost a little comfort.

Can anyone recommend a product or series of products which will help with the softening process. I have some cleaners which I've been using but they don't really soften it.

So with a possible enforced stay at home looming I am looking to tidy up the interior of my car. First job is to improve the feel of the front seats. The leather is in pretty good shape but has hardened somewhat and has lost a little comfort.

Can anyone recommend a product or series of products which will help with the softening process. I have some cleaners which I've been using but they don't really soften it.

Hi Thomas,

I hope you're keeping well? The Furniture Clinic is the best place for leather products and they are only a stones throw away at Burnopfield. They have plenty of on site videos to explain what to do and you can order everything online but you can also call in for advice. I have used them on my cars and last year I completely restored set of Eames chairs just following the videos and the results were fantastic.

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:

Hi Thomas,

I hope you're keeping well? The Furniture Clinic is the best place for leather products and they are only a stones throw away at Burnopfield. They have plenty of on site videos to explain what to do and you can order everything online but you can also call in for advice. I have used them on my cars and last year I completely restored set of Eames chairs just following the videos and the results were fantastic.

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Paul

Agreed i used them , great service very helpful .

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think I'll give the Furniture Clinic products a go.

Sent home from work today for the foreseeable future and working from home will induce some distractions. Perfect time to do a few little projects.

Ghengis said:
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think I'll give the Furniture Clinic products a go.

Sent home from work today for the foreseeable future and working from home will induce some distractions. Perfect time to do a few little projects.

Home to rub your seats , enjoy :) but keep your head down Tom :thumb: :)

Just an update re. the Furniture Clinic...the Seat (leather and fabric) restoration and renovation service now operates from their Tanfield site. This is located on the Tanfield Industrial Estate, the Burnopfield site no longer do this and you will be re-directed.

Allan E said:
Just an update re. the Furniture Clinic...the Seat (leather and fabric) restoration and renovation service now operates from their Tanfield site. This is located on the Tanfield Industrial Estate, the Burnopfield site no longer do this and you will be re-directed.

Thanks for the update. :thumb:

So I received a nice box of goodies from the Furniture Clinic

GQx7l4T.jpg

Chose to go with the Leather revive product to give a softer feel to the otherwise pretty decent seats. Alcohol cleaner, Leather Ultra Clean and Leather Protection cream to give the surface a good clean and protect after softening. All products chosen after watching the Furniture clinic videos online so hopefully they work well.

First up remove the seats. This was the first time in almost ten years since I last had them out. The first time was just after I bought the car to repair the electric seat adjuster, remove some broken glass from a previous owners repair and to locate a BIC pen which was rolling around under there.
hebfYVX.jpg

Seats are in pretty good order generally but a good clean with the Leather UltraClean was first job.
zEEOkZr.jpg

Next job, a good dose of Leather revive manually massaged into the leather (surprisingly hard work - hands are still aching now)
ep6VUcT.jpg

SfP3VrR.jpg

Not sure why photos aren't linking correctly?????

Arhhh! So a space was being added randomly to the link. Fixed now.

So following the advice of Furniture Clinic a second generous coat of Leather revive was massaged in and covered to soak overnight.

While that was soaking I got to work on another little job which has been nagging at me for a while.
So this happened
k04Y712.jpg

The rubber has gone really brittle and started to disintegrate. A new part has been sourced and in we go.
Part no. 964.105.403.2 which is a slightly different design to version 1
9DYs7yK.jpg

WN0jImy.jpg

Relatively easy swap with just three bolts to undo and the part swapped out. Maybe 10 mins tops to do this. However it probably took another 40 mins to connect the blower tube to it as the fit is really tight.
Bu2g8vV.jpg

YSWgxZd.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back