Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2RS crashing into Pagani at Monza

Wh1t3Kn1ght said:
Didn't look that fast to me...

The Pagani looks to be going about 30-40mph and the GT2 about 60-70?

It was a glancing blow as well so maybe it didn't do too much structural damage.
That was the impression I got. Easy to say and no necessarily correct from a single camera POV of the event, but it did look that way.

For those who've never been involved in a track shunt, you can say what you want, but until you've come across a car cruising, on the racing line, it's hard to explain how dangerous it can be. I know a number of very experienced drivers - far, far more capable than myself (I go too slowly to get into these situations) - who have had similar incidents.

Wh1t3Kn1ght said:
Didn't look that fast to me...

The Pagani looks to be going about 30-40mph and the GT2 about 60-70?

It was a glancing blow as well so maybe it didn't do too much structural damage.

That corner is the slowest on the circuit. I've driven Monza a couple of times and even for a 996 GT3 on slicks that's a 155 MPH to 40-50 MPH stop plus the second half is actually a bit slower as it's a very tight exit. There's no way on earth that GT2RS is going to make the corner carrying the speed he was, particularly using the entry point he chose on the "wrong" side of the track.

ETA: I just looked at my data trace & I'm doing around 40ish at the first (RH) apex and low 30s on the exit kerb after the LH corner of the chicane. Like I said, it's a deceptively slow chicane. Even the F1 boys can't go all that fast round it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back