Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Oil

philnotts99

Please can i ask if anyone is using Millers CFS Nanodrive 10W-50 fully Synthetic oil in there 996? Or does anyone have any other recommendations?

I am having a oil change, so i am thinking it maybe time to move away from Mobil 1.

My 996 C4S has done 57k.

Thanks,

Phil

Using Millers 10w50 CFS NT+ in mine, simply because the guys who rebuilt the engine recommend it.

Mine hasn't had a engine re-build but just trying to keep everything in top condition.

Thanks,

Phil

If you had your car serviced at an OPC they would use Mobil 1 0/40.

If serviced at most indys then at that milage it would be mobil 1 5/40.

You can use any oil you wish but that's what we would use .

Yes, the garage now users Mobil 1 but ideally i want to change to either of the below from reading lots information about it. However i am un-sure if its best to go 5w/40 or 10w/50. The car is a weekend car and will probably do 2-3k miles per year.

Millers Nanodrive CFS NT+ 10w50 fully Synthetic oil

Millers Nanodrive CFS NT+ 5w40 fully Synthetic oil

Thanks,

Phil

My Honest answer .. at a Max of 3 K miles then you can use any oil you choose .. it will still be like new when you change it , Millers or Mobil won't make a difference .

Oil

I use 10/ 60 Castrol titanium is that ok, it's done 83,000

I've now done 2 oil changes since my engine rebuild (new short block from Porsche) and have stuck to Porsche recommended A40 oils: Mobil Super 3000 5W-40 and now Mobile 1 0W-40. Both seem to work fine and cost about the same, so I figured the lower cold start viscosity is good to have for proper lubrication right from the start. I have ~1,8bar oil presurre when hot, which is plenty.

10W-60 is definitely WAAYYY overkill unless you only track the car. I did consider 5W-50, but decided the 40 is probably good as I don't track the car and the maximum temperature in the summer here is around +30.

Go with the 10/50 millers. The extra hot protection can only be a good thing on an older engine.

I once binned some after about 1000 miles. My mate Craig also on here done 400 miles one year and had to ditch his at service time too. You have to do things right though. Oil every year or 12k whatever comes sooner.

I'm ok though, as whatever comes out of my 911 goes into my old Volvo daily, so I'll get another 10k out of it in there. :grin:

Mines been using Millers since i bought her and was recommended on this site

Big fan

I do 8-10,000 pa

Osh

My 997.1 and now 997.2 both run millers 10w50 nano , I wouldn't use anything else , ideally change oil at minimum 10k or yearly but many change at 5k or half yearly .
best place to buy is opie oil they often have 10% and 15% off promos .

What are people's thoughts on this.

I changed oil filter around May2018 (Millers Nano 10/50) I then done around 1500miles before I had to sorn the car. I then taxed the car around April 2019 but kept it on the same oil, I've done maybe 2.5k miles this year so approx 4K overall.

I'm going to change oil now but should I really have changed in May2019 although only covering 1500 miles.

Hi
Novice alert!
I put 1lt 5w30 in my 996 yesterday as it was a little low. Is this bad?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back