Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear Box Mount

Moko

Nurburgring
When I purchased my 996 and had a check done on it one of the recommendations on it was for the gearbox mount to be replaced .....any idea of how much it should cost to fix on a Tiptronic?

I very much doubt this is a job I could do myself as I only have a standard 2ton jack and stands so I'm thinking Porsche Indie.

Get the power flex inserts and fit yourself. Easily doable on axle stands. Will cost about £30.

Thanks Alex any videos/instructions that you know of... had a quick search but I couldn't find anything on this procedure. Changing engine mounts loads gearbox none :dont know:

Hi
This is something I have had recently replaced on my 996 C4S tip.
I replaced the whole unit following its removal as part of replacing the transfer box gasket. As I understand it worn gear box mounts, allowing the transfer box to move and wear the gasket can be the cause of the transfer box gasket to fail.
Also had the rubber doughnut changed at the same time. All in all approx 1100.00
I did consider the rubber inserts but as the indie had everything off to replace the gasket I took the opportunity to replace the original mount.

Just worth pointing out guys that the Powerflex inserts are there to firm up the factory mount, not fix a knackered mount.
If your original mount is shot then it needs replacing before you even consider the inserts.

Thanks that makes sense the yellow inserts are just to support the original rubber mount....not completely replace it.

From the video I did find to replace the original mount you need a special tool to remove it and a press to put in the new rubber bushing thing.

I did mine last year, easy job. Purchased a new mount to save time as I didn't have a press.
£160 + vat inserted the yellow power flex, job done with no special tools.

Why did you go for the yellow power flex parts as well as replacement of the mount?

I ordered the power flex before removing the mount, when I tried to put the inserts into my original mount they would not fit into the holes. I removed the mount and tried again with no luck and on closer inspection I could see the bushes were shot, so ordered a new mount with bushes and used the power flex inserts which slipped straight into place. The two rubbers at the ends will also be worn and the power flex inserts will replace the original parts and help support the bushes.
If you don't purchase the power flex inserts you will need to order Porsche rubber end stops.
This made a noticeable difference when driving and also cured the small gearbox oil leak I had.
Hope this helps.....

Thanks that's really helpful....saves me a lot of wasted time waiting for deliveries etc I will just buy the bracket and the Powerflex bits all at the same time.

Your welcome, this is mine fitted.

Attachments

• wp_20190105_019_109.jpg
    wp_20190105_019_109.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 2,464
  • wp_20190101_002_129.jpg
    wp_20190101_002_129.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 2,464
Hi does anyone know the torque settings for the bolts involved in this job?

I've been struggling to find any information whatsoever on doing this job...downloaded the workshop manual and couldn't find any information in the Automatic Transmission section so where should I be looking?

Thanks as always for any info it's much appreciated by this enthusiastic beginner :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back