Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What would you have changed?

Is there not an MOT/safety angle about access to the rear of the car?... just supposing worse case scenario of an accident that means only the drivers side door can be opened.

There are some good aftermarket bucket seats (Recaro Sportster, Cobra?) which fold to allow access.

Dammit said:
Designed it so that someone 6'2" could drive it comfortably without a raft of modifications would have saved me quite a bit of money.

Do you have the fully electric seats? I'm 6'2" and had a loan of a turbo with electric seats which made it feel like I was sitting with the steering wheel between my legs. My own car is a C4 with the part electric seats and I have no issues fitting with those as they go lower.

Do agree with the other posters that the seats are too narrow at the shoulders. I have considered fitting the sports seats but if they only come in full electric (higher) then I won't be fitting them.

Martin996RSR said:
Dammit said:
Martin996RSR said:
EGTE said:
Better seats.

Yep, with you on that. I really have to brace myself against the door or centre console when cornering hard in mine. I would have gone for buckets long ago, but the folding ability is required for getting the kids into the back. I also find the seats to not be wide enough at shoulder level, and I'm a very standard size human.

Replace drivers seat, keep passenger seat?

I could do. I have thought about it and I was worried it would look a bit daft, and the practicality aspect of only being able to get the kids out of one side might have an impact. I know CLR Richard managed to get his buckets installed in a child-freindly way, so perhaps I could go that route.

I'd also be very keen to hear if there's a solution for kids and fixed buckets to live in harmony - if anyone has one :thumb:

Great responses so far.

Agreed, it was a cost cutting period but we're playing fantasy 996 launch lol

Some very valid points, nikasil, stainless steel clamps/bolts are a definite.

Keep it going, fun.

996 Carrera 2S to the line-up (i.e. turbo body, RWD, NA engine)

Mezger engine for all 996 variants

Oil temperature gauge

Tourist said:
996 Carrera 2S to the line-up (i.e. turbo body, RWD, NA engine)

Mezger engine for all 996 variants

Oil temperature gauge

Mezger engine would be great - then you wouldn't really need the oil temperature gauge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back