Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design tek exhausts

PSK911

Trainee
Hi looking at design 911 for a replacement exhaust as they are local to me...

Anyone had them fit an exhaust and manifold or fitted one of their design tek systems ?

I recently fitted the mufflers, and not entirely happy. The pipes which attach to the tail pipes seem slightly longer than standard, so the tailpipes stick out much further than standard. Looks a bit rubbish to my eyes. I bought mine second hand privately socan't take them back. I did speak with Design911 about the issue and they said they had not heard of this from other customers. I would love to know if anyone else has had a similar issue with the Designtek mufflers. Oh, aside from that they are well built but a little quiet.

Hi do you know what spec the ones you fitted are as there are several versions that vary in noise output ?

Personally I would look at topgear exhausts they do a sport and a normal sound option as well as valved set up . forum members get 10% discount on the listed price as they are a forum sponsor . topgear also have the brands powerflow and longlife I am sure one of those brands local fitting centre will fit it for you . They also come with an excellent warranty .

remember take 10% off the listed price

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-911-996-carrera-sports-cat-back

several years ago we did a forum group buy with Topgear and they sold over 100 exhausts to members on here . that should speak volumes about the quality and service etc etc. It did take them by surprise and took a while for them to get their stocks back up :floor: :floor:

I've been running the Designtek Supremacy for about 18 months now and think they are great. Had a set of Dansk Sport for a while and much prefer the sound the Designtek produce. Very similar to the original PSE when on loud setting. I have the original tips attached and there is no difference in the way they fit through the bumper.

Hi
Did you fit.it yourself or did have it do e by design 911?

Did you have a PSE fitted before

The DesignTek units are made by a firm called predator I believe. I have a set of their 'supremecy" ones and the fit and quality is fine. Been on the car since last summer. OEM tailpipes on mine as well. I'm having my OEM boxes refurbed at the minute and these were only a temporary solution so they'll be coming back off the car over the next couple of months. My only complaint is that they are too loud for my liking, but each to their own!

Attachments

• f257a7e8_44d7_4893_b339_3227f716c5d2_569.jpeg
    f257a7e8_44d7_4893_b339_3227f716c5d2_569.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 4,404
  • 9b5a54cd_74f0_4163_9bd1_772811e4d82a_219.jpeg
    9b5a54cd_74f0_4163_9bd1_772811e4d82a_219.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 4,404
I also have Designtek Supremacy boxes on mine - they fitted fine (straight swap for OEM - the tips are in the same position as OEM.

there is a fair amount of adjustment in the tips and (on mine anyway) you can undo a bolt on the underside of the tip and move the chrome finishing piece in/out.

As for longevity, I cant comment. But am pleased with the sound under load.....a bit quiet for my taste when not pushing on....but I only use mine as a weekend toy. If it was a daily driver, you might see this as a positive.

PSK911 said:
Hi
Did you fit.it yourself or did have it do e by design 911?

Did you have a PSE fitted before

I was going to fit them myself but at the time my car needed the clutch and flywheel replacing so I got them to replace the back boxes at the same time along with a big list of other jobs I just wasn't getting round to.

I have used set of designtek supremacy boxes for sale.

3k miles, full working order.

They are basically a gundo hacked exhaust

Sound is excellent

PM me if anyone is interested

Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back