Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New discs and pads - advice please

Re: Sheep and Shepard''s ?

Lee997 said:
The laws on warranty have changed? You'll find a detailed description on this very forum!
It is now recognised that many other manufacturers now produce products that are equal too and in some cases superior to OEM, the law now recognises this and manufactures warranties can no longer be refused due to NOT using OEM parts, as long as the parts are fitted by competent ( ie- a garage) then certainly in the case of consumables you cannot be denied warranty cover!

This is law fact!

Better to be informed than uniformed?

Arm yourself with knowledge?

Lee.

Very interesting indeed. Doesn't seem to stop OPCs refusing warranty claims if they have non-OEM parts based on some of the experiences people have posted about.

Re the laws on warranty, theres a difference between the manufacturers warranty and the extended warranty that has to pass the 111 point check to be taken out that requires all OEM parts.

That said I bought Sebro discs and compared them with a set of OEM discs side by side, both brand new and you couldn't spot any difference once they were out of the box. The rear Textar pads were identical to look at save the Porsche part number. The front Textar pads don't have the balancing weights teh OEM have.

Sorry for the slight thread hijack ....

I am going to do my brakes over the winter.
I think i will get the brembo discs for reasons advised on here (rust prevention finish on the bells) - what pads do people recommend? Are the EBC products any good and if so which colour?. Or should I just get pagid or textar?
I have a standard carrera and never felt the brakes were that sharp so I would quite like to improve the bite a little if I can.
Thanks

P.s. Brembo discs all round are coming in at around £240 farm autodoc currently. Seems reasonable.

Re: Sheep and Shepard''s ?

Lee997 said:
The laws on warranty have changed? You'll find a detailed description on this very forum!
It is now recognised that many other manufacturers now produce products that are equal too and in some cases superior to OEM, the law now recognises this and manufactures warranties can no longer be refused due to NOT using OEM parts, as long as the parts are fitted by competent ( ie- a garage) then certainly in the case of consumables you cannot be denied warranty cover!

This is law fact!

Better to be informed than uniformed?

Arm yourself with knowledge?

Lee.

For manufacturers' new car warranties maybe. But not for used / extended when they can set the terms. The Porsche warranty (after new one has expired) is an Insurance product NOT a manufacturer's warranty.

My car is well out of Porsche warranty and is infact under Hartech gold cover. It has Brembo discs and pads all round. No issue.All brake components manufactured these days must meet ECE R90 Approval which means, as I understand it, they must be of at least OE quality and not less.

I fitted Brembo discs and Pagid pads. Both OEMs. Car stops, driver happy.

Sebro discs as fitted OEM by Porsche are available at ECP. They even have Porsche part number on them. All 4 discs and Brembo pads for about £500. Easy DIY job too

Attachments

• sebro_145.png
    sebro_145.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 750

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back