Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Investment help / advice needed.

Hi
A few years ago i decided to 'invest' small money in some cars. A 02 high mile C2 cab was one of these. I drove it most days and loved every minute of it.
Completely converted as I'd never really fancied a Porsche.

I also had a Jag XJR and an Aston Db9.

When the time came to sell up 2 years later I'd put 22k miles on it on sold it for exactly what I'd payed for it. Free motoring for 2 years is enough of an investment for me.

I sold everything and bought a new house. Now its 18 months later and back on the hunt for toys. I have just got this, I know lots of you will hate it but I love it. Sorry to all of the haters🤣🤣 :grin:

Attachments

• c7f9fb67_0e83_4bbc_8a11_2981b0ea146a_179.jpeg
    c7f9fb67_0e83_4bbc_8a11_2981b0ea146a_179.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,865
Chum, you've missed the boat by around 8yrs when in the good old days a 964 could be had for £12k and a 993 for 20 bags :grin:

At the moment you're at the top of the bell-end curve just going over the crest on the downward slope. Any car seen as an 'investment' will be at the top of its price and with Brexit and economic uncertaintly have the potential to do an 'Eddy the Eagle' with your dough :what:

Early cheap 986 Boxster and 996 can still be had but the cheaper the are the less money an owner has usually spent so you could be in for some big bills even self-spannering as you can't escape the price of some parts and the Porsche tax.

Cast iron return is buy a new GT car, Speedster and the like. The latter owners are predicted to make £150k off the bat. That said getting an allocation will be near impossible as brown envelopes don't work anymore.

Danger you buy as an 'investment' and then don't drive it otherwise you're shaking like a shitting dog it'll get wet, stone chipped every time you take it out.

:hand: I have it on good authority the 987.2 Boxster Black Edition will sky rocket in value in a few years escpecially if a lot of carbonique is applied.

Whatever you buy, if the cra has a following reassure yourself that you might lose some money, but not much compared to other cars and enjoy the experience.

But be warned as I know of one buyer of a 991 GT3RS who lost £45k on it in 18 months :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back