Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T Major service carried out by 911 SBD North London

linners

Big thumbs up for 911 SBD if anyone is North London based and need their pride and joy tended to

It's the first service I've put my 996T through since ownership last September - has previously been looked after by 9E but that's too far for me to travel to. I went for the major service for peace of mind - also had the brake fluid change

I managed to get a booking the following day after calling and they turned it around in 2.5 hours. They provided a full report of items that need sorting out, the main one being the rear main seal

2.5 hours for a major seems rather quick. Did they do plugs and a full inspection?

Full inspection: yes
Plugs: no

Out of curiosity, how long "should" it take?

linners said:
Full inspection: yes
Plugs: no

Out of curiosity, how long "should" it take?

I don't know I was just curious. To carry out the major service work and the checks, it seems quick but then Im not a mechanic. As long as you're happy with the work that's all that matters. :thumb:

linners said:
They provided a full report of items that need sorting out, the main one being the rear main seal

What did the 'full report' say :dont know:

If it took 10 mins or 10 days then it's not really relevant as long as it is a 'full' report....or is that me being cynical :?

I guess sarfend was thinking of your best interests too and not questioning their integrity :dont know:

If you are happy then that's all that matters :thumb:

It took my indie a day to do all the fluids (except PAS), filters and plugs on my C4. He also did a full report right down to the fuel filler not locking.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back