Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 owners winter checks

Phil 997

Its nearly here :nooo: There are a number of things that are worth doing especially if your planning on enjoying how these cars run with ice cold air going into the induction , and running it through the winter.

Some areas of the country require extra things but even down south its worth doing the following .

the glass on the side windows sticks to the door rubbers causing the window motor to have a melt down panic attack when unlocking the car , roll gummi pflege all over the door rubbers this reduces the risk of this happening.

buy a roll on of Gummi Pflege

https://www.amazon.co.uk/nextzett-9...MMI+PFLEGE&qid=1569418373&s=automotive&sr=1-1

next spray the underside of the car with ACF 50 , all you can get to except the hot bits brakes etc.

this is widely used by bikers but hasn't caught on as much with car owners ,but well worth doing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ACF-50-Motorcycle-Automotive-Metal-Anti-Corrosion/dp/B0761TV16Y

I am sure others will add their advise as well.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks Phil, a seasonal reminder! I found myself driving at night recently, that always feels wierd after six months of long nights...

I don't have any Gummi Pfege but I do use a similar silicon stick instead which does the same thing.

In the olden days I might have added a drop of lock oil to the locks (ever tried to open a frozen fuel flap in the middle of winter when you're out of fuel?). I suppose this tip might still be relevant to the air cooled gentlemen. I've no idea though.

It's always worth topping up your screen wash with the full winter grade stuff, and checking windscreen wipers for rips and tears. These quickly escalate on a frozen night into full flappy madness.

I've found it's a good idea to carry extra gloves, scarf, hat, hi-viz and perhaps even a big old coat in the car. You do not want to be walking down the hard shoulder in a lounge suit in the depths of winter.

I'll skip the snow shovel, can of gravel stuff, but it might be worth taking a tow rope, so that - if by some off chance you should end up in a ditch maybe I don't know it was a rabbit officer - someone can do something about it rather than just suck teeth and shrug shoulders and grimace in fake sympathy as they drive off. :grin:

Out of interest prior to applying the acf 50 would you scrub and hose down the underbody or ? What's the best way to clean prior to sealing?

My winter check:

1/ Check car is in the garage.
2/ Get in and drive :grin:

sja360 said:
Out of interest prior to applying the acf 50 would you scrub and hose down the underbody or ? What's the best way to clean prior to sealing?

Ideally a scrub and/or pressure wash first :thumb: :thumb: but if thats not possible just get the ACF on :grin: :thumb:

Always park up facing downhill :grin:

......and check for yellow snow round your wheels.

tqpK0uv.jpg

Get a lawn sprinkler..........great for cleaning all the salt off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back