Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

odd hole

timm996

Nurburgring
just changed my power distribution block as it had rusted on the battery lead. thought I would clean the drain holes, the drivers side is fine, goes into a tube, the passenger one though is just a dead end, its not blocked, its just an inverted plastic top hat with no drain, is this normal?

Attachments

• d1_171.jpg
    d1_171.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,479
  • d2_536.jpg
    d2_536.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 1,479
These are a common issue on Audis / VWs. The plugs get clogged with debris and water collects in the plenum and finds its way into the car. You either need to clean them regularu or remove the rubber plugs.

Thanks both the issue is one plug isn't blocked it's sealed on the bottom. There is no hole or slot it's a moulded sealed end. Like a blanking plug. I was wondering if its normal on some of them.

The early cars upto year 2000 i believe had a tube type drain with the latter going onto 997 had just a grommet .

The point of both is to drain away water from that area .. there never was a blank on one side that i'm aware of .. and i've seen a few :)

If OCD is not an issue then just remove the blank that's been fitted .

If OCD is an issue then to replace the tube type drain its a fuel tank drop .

The later grommet type and these are often missing .. they just block up with dirt so people tend to push them through .

water drains out on to the top of the fuel tank .. 991 don't have this anymore .. just gaps that allow the water to drain out onto the fuel tank .

Thanks Demort, Ill just put a hole in it. No OCD for me.

Well that's not what I expected from the thread title :hand:

ragpicker said:
jonno_ said:
Well that's not what I expected from the thread title :hand:

Yeah, me too! :pc:

I was hoping to see some gerbils....

Pet Shop Boys? :cop: :judge:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V