Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

chowgar said:
This is how the car should sound. It's like you can now hear the true glory from these magnificent engines.

I agree. It adds another dimension to the pleasure of driving the car.

PSE Hack

Just had PCW Mods carry out the PSE hack on my 997.1. The sound is fantastic!
I'd definitely recommend Paul although he is busy so you'll have to wait a couple of months to get in!

I concur, Paul at PCW Exhaust mods is a genuine and fine chap to deal with. His workmanship is first grade and he doesn't scrimp on the quality of parts and labour.

Unfortunately the noise is too savage for me so I'll be selling my hacked mufflers if anyones after the mod, £200ish? the pipes have been TIGd, I'm in London,

Attachments

• img_9881_978.jpg
    img_9881_978.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 10,824
bullet-proof_biscuit said:
Unfortunately the noise is too savage for me so I'll be selling my hacked mufflers if anyones after the mod, £200ish? the pipes have been TIGd, I'm in London,

Are you sure the savage sound isnt down to the crack that you appear to have in the other pipe?

Hi All

Relatively new to this forum so discovering old threads all the time. Read this one start to finish and have only seen one post from a Turbo 996 owner who said not to do Gundo hack on a turbo.

Anyone know of anyone who has done this on a Turbo as i'd like to change exhaust note on mine. Got a Europipe quote to be fitted at RPM and not much change from £4k.

Cheers

Re: Another option re gundo and banana

glenwells said:
James M-S said:
Les, I also have a Gen2 3.6 with crossover pipe. Did you go for conventional gundo, or the banana?
You have the blanked off second exit port nipple on the rear box. You cut that off then have a pipe taken from that port into the existing exit port. Use original size pipework and need to keep it tight in for easier refit. Also make sure you go into the correct pipe as they are different on gen 1 to 2 as Les informed me.

Effectively you are opening up the second exit port from the exhausts rear silencers.

It is personal, but to me a great improvement on original without sounding like a chavvy Tw*Tmobile - no backwards baseball cap needed. It is a little deeper at tickover and louder on higher revs, not dissimilar to cosha PSE.

I'm having this done as well but with a valve on the extra pipe.

Hi Chris.

Do you mean. Don't do it the way I've shown in my photo?

Or do you mean don't do it the way in your photo with the pipe from the blanked off port?

C11BRA said:
Hi Chris.

Do you mean. Don't do it the way I've shown in my photo?

Or do you mean don't do it the way in your photo with the pipe from the blanked off port?

Don't do it the way I did it. It changes the sound very little. You can't tell if the valves are open or closed. I am going to cut them out and re-weld them in the normal Gundo position which is what I recommend you do.

In the meantime I have a pair of the TopGear valved mufflers on the car right now and they sound great.

Brilliant info. Thanks.

After a catalogue of welding equipment failure, I finally have one side of the Gundo completed.

All completed and back in the car.

Absolutely blown away by the sound. I used 2" pipes & valves btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back