Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 carrera discounts?

996john

Looking to finalise an order for a 992 Carrera at the end of the week.

Most centres seem to have build slots available for November/December but are reluctant to discuss any discounts.

Looking to go for factory collection so the supplying dealer location isn't an issue, has anyone achieved a discount upon order?

Thanks.

Nope - nothing on my S order, which locked last week.

A friend has also tried playing a few dealers off against another (all honestly and on a full disclosure basis - nothing disingenuous) for an S cab, but the same - no discount.

My base 992 goes into build on 29th September and I got zero discount on it. I'd be vey surprised if there's anything to be had, especially on such a new model.

I suspect a lot will depend on your spec. I expect the dealers won't be interested in discounting a base car but one that is well specced up being bought for cash and/or with Porsche Finance should attract a discount as dealers are rewarded for selling the add ons. You can but ask and wait until towards the end of a calendar quarter before asking to see if you can find a dealer who is short of their new car sales target for that quarter.

Managed to get two OPC's to commit to a £1,000 discount off of an order today.

Will play them against each other for a day or two now whilst we play with the configurator a little bit more and then hope to place an order on Friday.

:thumb:

996john said:

Will play them against each other for a day or two now whilst we play with the configurator a little bit more and then hope to place an order on Friday.

You swine :mrgreen:

!!

Depends a little on how you are financing the car too.

On my PCP I was able to negotiate a better interest rate by having a quote from an independent finance company in my pocket.

Looks like you managed to get something though so congrats.

I phoned around to understand what the baseline for PCP was, then squeezed some more and in the end managed around 4.5k off

thedarkknight said:
I phoned around to understand what the baseline for PCP was, then squeezed some more and in the end managed around 4.5k off

If you don't mind me asking, was that 4.5k off the interest or off the car RRP? Thanks.

996john said:

Hi John, do you mind sharing with us which dealers gave that discount? PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

derekm said:
thedarkknight said:

If you don't mind me asking, was that 4.5k off the interest or off the car RRP? Thanks.

Is anyone prepared to share where discounts are to be had now?

PCP rates are all variable for a dealer as part of a deal, which is where the savings can be made but the price of the car wont change

Although it is possible to spec a 992 Carrera for less than £85k with all that you need ?

(was closer to £84k but went up to 85k for a few VFM extras!)

RRP 911 Carrera: £ 82,795
Interior and Exterior Colour
Guards Red (G1)
Black leather seats with Sport-Tex square seat centres (Crayon stitching)
19 / 20-inch Carrera Wheels
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) gearbox

Price for Option Equipment: £2,186
Electric folding exterior mirrors, £240
'911' logo, £0
Power Steering Plus, £185
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor, £387
Windscreen with grey top-tint, £80
Park Assist (front and rear) including reversing camera, £464
4-way electric Sports Plus seats, £324
GT sports steering wheel in leather, £194
Storage Package, £0
Seat Belts in Guards Red, £312

Total Recommended Retail Price, £ 84,981

Top effort for restraing on that one..

on one hand i really do think the 992 comes with everything you need pretty much and anything on top is just a bit of a unnecessary luxury..

and then i configure one and cannot bring the options below 10k as i get carried away..

There's a 992 for sale at romans configured with list of 120k !!! for sale at 99k I think.. colour is just a bit dull as its Silver outside (which could be ok..) but Grey inside, with grey inserts.. i mean...

i would be really tempted to go basic Carrera (even on 19/20 and not upgrading those) and bring it to Litchfield to get it to proper power output, think would be close to perfection for an everyday 911 !

911UK said:
PCP rates are all variable for a dealer as part of a deal, which is where the savings can be made but the price of the car wont change

Although it is possible to spec a 992 Carrera for less than £85k with all that you need ?

(was closer to £84k but went up to 85k for a few VFM extras!)

RRP 911 Carrera: £ 82,795
Interior and Exterior Colour
Guards Red (G1)
Black leather seats with Sport-Tex square seat centres (Crayon stitching)
19 / 20-inch Carrera Wheels
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) gearbox

Price for Option Equipment: £2,186
Electric folding exterior mirrors, £240
'911' logo, £0
Power Steering Plus, £185
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor, £387
Windscreen with grey top-tint, £80
Park Assist (front and rear) including reversing camera, £464
4-way electric Sports Plus seats, £324
GT sports steering wheel in leather, £194
Storage Package, £0
Seat Belts in Guards Red, £312

Total Recommended Retail Price, £ 84,981

I initially thought you were forgetting the all important VAT @20% plus on the road costs!! so over £102k!!

RGBArgee said:
I think you are forgetting the all important VAT @20% plus on the road costs!! so over £102k!!

:eh!:

According to the Porsche Configurator - and everything else I've seen - the £82,795 basic price includes VAT.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back